Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you guys deal with humidity and breakouts? The summers coming, and the humidity is on its way to wreaking havoc on my skin :( We had a VERY hot weekend here, and one day of humidity and my skin had a breakdown. Its almost like I can do nothing to stop it! Do any of you guys/girls suffer from humidity/heat breakouts? How do you stop them/prevent them?

My Regimen:

Morning:

1. Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

2. FOTE 100% Aloe Vera Gel

Night:

1. Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

2. Alpha Hydrox AHA souffle with 12% Glycolic Acid

3. FOTE 100% Aloe Vera Gel

Occasionally at night I use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask..

Any ideas? Less is pretty much more for my skin. So if anything has worked for your humidity breakouts, let me know! :) Thanks guys!

I have the same annoying problem... as soon as the sun comes out and its really hot my skin suffers a lot and breakouts happen. Which I really hate because I wish I could enjoy the sun because here in England the sun doesn't excist! lol But then that can be a good thing because I really hate the summer time when I hate wearing make-up and my oily skin gets worse! :cry: Best thing I can think of to avoid breakouts is avoid the midday sun and wear a non-oily sun protection and like a hat and stuff... dunno really.. breakouts are really hard to beat! ARGH!

Anyone else have any gd suggestions to avoid breakouts from humidity.. I am kinda stuck on that one too.

I find the sun helps my skin a bit, but I'm not outside in the sun for large amounts of time usually anyway.

humidity is actually good for my skin for some reason. my skin always looks better in humid weather than in the dry winter. either way get a fan to blow directly on your face at night if its a really hot night. that way your skin stays somewhat moistureless and you dont get too hot, which in turn causes your body to heat up and you might sweat while your asleep. other than that, theres nothing you can do.

Oh I feel your pain with the humidity. My skin has been allllll clear for months and the last few days have been so damn humid, over 100F plus humidity index of about 82%, our air conditioning broke and the air conditioning in my car stopped working. Just my luuuuuuck! But yeah my face got so super oily-like and I got some blemishes the next day. I'm dealing with it by wearing ZERO makeup which looks like hell in humidity anyway and frequently splashing my face with cold water. Whole hot humid sticky soupy summer to go. Oh my.

humidity is a bitch ... i go to the beach heaps to swim in the salt water and to bodyboard... so i think the salt in itself dries up the sweat. Just when i dont go i get breakouts.

usually whenever i go outside, ill wear sunglasses and a cap, sometimes just a cap, and then whenever im inside, i always make sure there is a fan blowing in the room i am in. i find that really cools everything down and keeps me feeling only a little hot.

I have the same problem, and a job I am applying for is in a metal warehouse with no AC, so it gets to about 115 degrees in there.

If anyone has any solutions, I would GREATLY appreciate it.