Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redhot63042

Help my skin is so red and irritated

Hello everyone I am still patiently waiting for tomorrow when my acne is suppose to be gone. Just like all of you. Using product after product line and getting some or no real results. I am so tired of being a prisoner in my home. My boyfriend yells at me bc I won't get the door for UPS and pizza. I am so hurt, and I just feel lost and alone right now in my life. I have used everything and nothing helps it seems. Just lots of red active bumps and some whiteheads here and there and my cheeks are nothing but red marks and active acne. Please can someone help with some kind of product they have used that helps to tone uneven skin and get the red out at least? If I can't get rid of the active mess, I would be alot happier if my skin wasn't so red and irritated. Thanks all for listening to my ranting and raving. I HATE ACNE IT HAS TAKEN THE BEST PART OF WHO I USE TO BE!!!

congrats to all with clear skin

hope we can all be so lucky someday...

dont feel 2 bad... ive been traped at home for 2 years and counting.. yeah.. seriously 2 years.. im not kidding about this..,

i hope you have not used accutane.., i believe my redness came after using it,

as for reducing redness, what i try to do, is

never wash your face too hard wash it gently, use warm not hot water,

also, after washing your skin, wait about 3 hrs, and catch 30 mins of the morning rays on your face,

helps your skin to peal, the good rays are around 9am till 11am, dont try the after noon rays they are harmful,

2ndly sometimes mostourings will make it red also, for some reason ;\

hope it helps, also drink water regularly..

Here's a regimen that has helped even my skintone:

1. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

2. Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner

3. Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Liquid

4. Retin-A (for nighttime use only)

5. Dove Sensitive Essentials Daytime Lotion (no SPF, so for nighttime use only)

6. Dove Essential Nutrients Daytime Lotion with SPF 15

I strongly reccommend getting a prescription retinoid. If you have already tried some, try using one that has a different type of retinoid than what you've use. Retinoids help normalize pore function and can help even skintone. Talk to your dermatologists about any risks, including the risk of purging.

I strongly reccommend getting a prescription retinoid. If you have already tried some, try using one that has a different type of retinoid than what you've use. Retinoids help normalize pore function and can help even skintone. Talk to your dermatologists about any risks, including the risk of purging.

Sorry, I have to say that all the products are resulting in redness. I had the same, used many products, took a week off only using warm/mildly hot water with wash rash and aloe vera fortified with vitamin E as a moisturizer (natural). My skin cleared and since the switch (5 days) I have not had any new breakouts. That's def progress for me. REMEMBER THAT BACTERIA IS KILLED BY OXYGEN AND THAT THE SKINS NEEDS OXYGEN TO BE HEALTHY. Therefore, be careful you are not coating you skin with someone that suffocates it. Most moisturizers don't allow skin to breathe. Try this, after washing with WATER, don't use any moisturizer for a few hours (PURE OXYGEN, THANK U MOTHER NATURE) and see how pimples scab over and skin peels. Worked for me. But you have to be able to live with the inbetween stage a little of your body readjusting to not having products dumped onto it.

I can completely relate to the redness. If your looking for something to camaflouge the redness instantly, I strongly recommend Eucerin redness relief tone perfecting creme. You can buy it at any drug store and is priced reasonabley. I also use Physicians Formula green tinted powder (also very cheap and is sold at drugstores in the cosmetics isle). Surprisingly, your face will not look green...just a little pale, so it's best to dust a bronzer or powder over your face after.

The products are cheap and work wonderfully. I used it while my acne was in it's worst phase and I use it now for the red scares.

Good luck!

I can highly recommend Vichy Normaderm to combat redness, that stuff rocks. The moisturizer really calms the skin down and makes it feel like velvet. The spot treatment really soothes and takes the red out of the really nasty ones. I have tried almost every spot treatment out there, from Oxy to Clinique to Tea Tree Oil, and nothing works like Normaderm. That's my two cents :)

Sorry, I have to say that all the products are resulting in redness. I had the same, used many products, took a week off only using warm/mildly hot water with wash rash and aloe vera fortified with vitamin E as a moisturizer (natural). My skin cleared and since the switch (5 days) I have not had any new breakouts. That's def progress for me. REMEMBER THAT BACTERIA IS KILLED BY OXYGEN AND THAT THE SKINS NEEDS OXYGEN TO BE HEALTHY. Therefore, be careful you are not coating you skin with someone that suffocates it. Most moisturizers don't allow skin to breathe. Try this, after washing with WATER, don't use any moisturizer for a few hours (PURE OXYGEN, THANK U MOTHER NATURE) and see how pimples scab over and skin peels. Worked for me. But you have to be able to live with the inbetween stage a little of your body readjusting to not having products dumped onto it.

Products aren't evil. It's a matter of finding the right ones. Just because a product contains the same "active ingredients" as another one not mean it is formulated the same way.

I highly doubt you have tried the exact same regimen I did, by the way. I have very sensitive skin prone to redness, and this is the first regimen that worked.

Five days is pretty soon to reccommend a regimen, especially since acne takes about two weeks to form. My regimen has been working for several months, I am only now starting to experiment with new products to see what else works.

In response to "oxygen allows the skin to breathe" argument, emolients are necessary in moisturizers to keep oxygen off the face, thus preventing it from drying out and becoming irritated. By the way, how do you explain the benefits people get from antioxidants, like the Vitamin E you're using?

I strongly reccommend you check out these articles:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=22

-Discusses oxygen for the skin

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....FER=SKIN&ID=133

-Discusses "natural" products

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=47

-Discusses "occlusive" ingredients