Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay I'm going to start a log just so I can track my progress and get rid of my lenghty signature =P

________________________________________________________________________________________

MY REGIMEN/SIGNATURE:

Started Diacneal on 4/20/06. Started Trioxil and hydroviton wash on 5/10/06. Started 7% Salicylic Acid peel on 5/26/06.

Morning: Hydroviton Wash, Trioxil, and Nuetrogena Moisturizer spf15.

Evening: Exposed Acne Facial Cleanser, Tape method sometimes, Diacneal, CP serum, jojoba oil, neosporin sometimes, super rich moisturizer with 40% emu oil.

Natural Antibiotics: A total body cleanse with VitaMineral (vitamin, mineral, detoxifer, and cleanser), Paul D'Arco 2-3g, Coconut Oil 3-4g, Oregano oil, Probiotics. P&B Shake. I will rotate coconut and oregano with grapefruit seed extract and garlic. (This is better than prescribed antibiotics like eyrthomycin or tetrycycline and it's good for you.)

Diet: Low in sugar, sweets, and junk food. High in carbs and protein. Some fruits. Very meaty and wheaty. I take vitamineral. It supposely provide all the nutrients for anyone, for any diet.

Additional: Calcium Citrate, Microhydrin, Chinese herbs for detox, Accpuncture, Salicylic Acid peels once every week or two.

Products I've tried: Erythromycin (Oral and topical), tetracycline, Retin-A, Benzoil Peroxide 5 and 10 %, Salicyclic Acid up to 2%, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, 101e Acne Getaway, Exposed Acne kit, St. Ive's Face scrub, baking powder exfoilator, acv as toner for 10 minutes-wash off, egg/lemon mask for 10 mins, Neutrogena on-the-spot treatment with BP 2.5%,

SKIN STATUS: No acne, just red marks. A little oily.

GOAL: Get rid of red marks. Then fight oily skin!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that I have that out of the way, I can focus on my goal, which is to fade all the redmarks, reduce oil and prevent any future acne. I also would like to flatten some bumps on my inner cheeks below my eyes and next to my nose. I believe the bumps are little raised scars from acne and overuse of BP and Topical Erythimycin. I also have a couple pitted scars which are more noticeable than the raised ones. There's two on my left cheek next to my lips and one slightly above but in between my eyebrows. There's probably a couple smaller one but i dont want to go back to the mirrow and look.

I know I'm a guy but currently I use Menaji to coverup my redmarks. You can still slightly see the redmarks but not as bad. I just can't wait till i get rid of all my redmarks and not have to worry about covering it up and have my glowing confidence back. 10 years ago girls use to approach me =P. I missed those days.

My morning regimen currently consist of the Hydroviton Wash, Trioxil Cream and Neutrogena Healthy Daily Moisturizer SPF-30. Once I finish off hydroviton I would like to either switch to an AHA/BHA or a natural cleanser like rosehip or wheat germ. I'm not sure if another AHA/BHA cleanser would be too drying for my skin since I already use that at night. Also I would like to try to replace Trioxil with tea tree oil once i finish the bottle because it's so darn expensive. Not sure if TTO will be too oily or shinny for me or not. I'll have to try it out. I stopped using BP about April 1st or so because i realized it does more harm than good. About a month later when i do get pimples i noticed they go away a lot faster and so does the red marks. Also I stopped using Green Cream retinol because it kept breaking my out.

May 26th was my first 7% Salicylic Acid peel from homepeels.com. It contains some lactic acid in it so it might be comparable to the 20% peel from naturalskinshop. Anyway, the instruction said to apply it on for thirty seconds for the first time and wash off at the same sequence you apply the stuff. I read in the threads that this stuff burns. Well, how bad could it be? I have thick skin and my skin been through hell. So I started the timer and started on the right side of my cheek and man it burned like hell! I rushed to complete the entire cheek to move to the left side of my face then to my forehead. By the time i was done it was over a minute and it face was on fire and I couldn't tell if i spread it on evenly so I splatted my whole face with water. I noticed the gunk in my clogged pores rosed up literally. But when i rinsed my face with water it subsided a little and all the way throughout the night. Next time I will try to swipe the gunk off with a cotton swab while i have the SA on. My concern is I left it on one section longer than the other. Next week I will apply one section at a time and wash off. To complete the night I rubbed some Copper Peptide serum to improve collagen. To restore my skin's natural sebum which was stripped away from SA i used Super Rich Moisturizer with emu oil. It also provides plenty of nutrients for my skin while i sleep since that is the time your skin recovers the most.

It's been four days now. I think I noticed some improvement on my skin and redmarks. Too early to tell. I do love the emu oil for it was the first time i used it. My skin did not peel nor gotten red. But I do noticed a few very small white heads protruding on the left side of my cheek, which is part of the purging i think. A sign that it's working? You can barely see it but i can feel it, which I'm really happy about because they will come out and clear up real fast. I also noticed a little pimple on the upper right side of my cheek where i dont normally get acnes but this pimple is very pinkish and looks really fragile. I'm sure it will go away in a few days and leave hardly any redmarks. I don't think the pimple was from the SA. I think it was from the lack of sleep on thursday, friday, and saturday night. I know not sleeping is not good for the acne. But i had to go out. I have a huge crush on one of the girl that invited me out with her gf. We we to an old club, which played 80s music. We had a blast. Didn't get home till 4am and got up at 8 for work. But on friday night I carelessly took some herb that contained ginsing so i couldn't sleep till 4 am and had to get up at 8 for work. Then sat the girl i had a crush on invited me to go out with her and her gf again. I sooooo wanted to kiss her at the end of the night. But I did kiss her on the cheek considering she kissed me on the cheek before. The thing is you can't tell if a girl is into you by a kiss on the cheek, can you? They do that as a friendly gesture? Plus, she had a bf for over 7 years that proposed to her but she told him she wasn't ready for marriage. Then on the way home I found out she's on a break with her man or ex bf. She has to be into me but at the same time i have doubts because she gave the bartender her number? I think she's trying to make me jealous? She usually goes there on thursday night. So it doesn't make sense that she waited till thurs night our first night there together to give him her number. Now that i think of it, it could also be she's on a break now. Im so confused!!! On sat i didn't get home till 4 am and had to get up at 8 am for work. Ouch! Work sucked big time.

Anyways, back to my pimple. I'm happy with it, whereas when i was on BP i use to get solid pimples that would leave dark redmarks that would never go away and it would make me depressed for a few hours or the day.

On my next peel I will have to leave it on for a full minute on each section and see how that goes.

HI,

What is this Super Rich Moisturizer and CP Serum you are talking about ? Any links...?

Have you heard anything about emu oil making people break out ?

HI,

What is this Super Rich Moisturizer and CP Serum you are talking about ? Any links...?

Have you heard anything about emu oil making people break out ?

I got the Super Rich Moisturizr from homepeels.com. It's only 40% emu oil but the added ingredients makes it a much better moisturizer than emu oil itself if you do peels. Plus, it smells sooooo good. I rather smell that on a girl than myself though ;). The CP serum you can get it at many different sites. I forgot where I bought mine at. But they have it at http://skinbiology.com/, which i dont go there to buy. it's a very informative site but it's so confusing. They have links to 10 different sites to all kinds of products. I don't have the patients to go through all those pages to find something. You can also buy it from: http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/13/. I never bought from here before but LionQueen always talk about that site and they have a lot of good natural products. I'm thinking about replacing my cleanser from there.

Emu oil should not break you out if you clear your pores before you apply it. Otherwise you might have too much oil on your skin, which can cause you to break out. The key is balance. Too much is bad for your skin and not enough is bad for your skin too. Emu oil is like your skin's natural oil. It's good when you clean deep in your sebum to remove dirt but it also removes your skin's natural oil. so you want to replace it with a natural oil similar to your skin. You can also use jojoba oil. both work in different ways.

Oh by the way, for those who reads my thread and think im selling the website im not. I noticed it sounded like a sales thread with homepeels.com on the first thread but i just wanted to let everyone know that that is where i got my peels from compared to other sites. According to other threads I noticed some sites has the same percentage peels but their strengths varies a little. Like natureskinshop.com people start on the 20% strength. Also, I've been thinking about doing this for such a long time. When i first heard about peels i thought it was insane. But at the same time it caught my interest. I only had the guts to do this because i've read soooo many threads and did so much research that i feel it is safe to do it, it worked out really well for others, and the benefit is so good that it seems like this is the perfect solution for me.

Day 7

Well I'm going to throw in a quick update since i'm not going to do the peel until Friday night because i have two big appointments with clients tomorrow. Plus, I'll be busy over the weekend, party maybe. Noooo. I'll try not to. If anything goes wrong with the peels i dont want my clients to question my health or feel disgusted :/ . I know I'm over worried i'm sure nothing bad is going to happen but it's better to be safe than sorry. Anyways, another reason why i want to throw in an update is because my skin is turning out pretty good. The white heads on the left side of my cheek has gotten a lot better. I was rubbing my skin in the shower last night and two of them came out and did not leave any redmarks. The one that is a little bigger is still hard and will come out pretty soon. Hopefully tonight if not diffinetely tomorow night because of the peel. The one pimple i have on the right side of my cheek is dryin out. It's still a little raised and pink but i assume it will flatten out by tomorrow or friday. Yesterday or the day before I noticed three new very small white heads protruded on the right side of my cheek near my lips and towards the lower portion of my nose. One a little bigger than the other two. Today it's already dried up. The smaller two you can't see but feel. Again, im sure the peel will take care of that on friday. My overall skin condition is amazing. It has a healthy glow to it not dull. My redmarks had fade significantly in the past week than it has in the past 6 months i had the redmarks. I actually just went to the bathroom to look at my redmarks. I have manaji cover up on but it looks a lot better. Usually when i have menaji coverup on i can still see the redmarks. now it's hardly visible. I got out of the shower last night and i was happy to look at the mirror. before i would get a little depressed and try not to look at the mirror too much. Another positive note, my skin oil reduce dramatically. My face use to feel sticky throughout the day and i would have to dab my face with a napkin every two hour or so. I just realized in the past couple of days, i haven't dabbed with a napkin at all.

I sure hope i would be able to get rid of all the redmarks in a month. The girl i am itno left for London on tuesday for a month with her mom. So when she gets back I hope to glow with confidence.

Oh i do have photos taken on april 1st, two months away but believe me the redmarks did not look any different than it did before i started on the peel. I'm at work right now. I'll post them up when i get a chance.

Hmmmm, I'm thinking about jessfoliating tonight for the first time. I wonder if that'll be too much :think: