Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mommaLove

HELP!!!! Adult acne? Hormone? Bad genes.....

HEY EVERYBODY!

I've been on pro-active for 5yrs.....just getting tired of it!!! :confused: Started Mary Kay last month, dis-like it greatly! I have very oily/sensitive skin and now I'm using a combo of Burt's Bee's and Pro-active....now I'm getting the cists and very red!!!!! :evil: I'm considering Arbonne ? ANYONE have any advice? I'd love to see a dermatologist, but who has the dollars for that??? Just looking for any advice......I was searching the net for acne treatment, found this site and had an urge to register and seek help! THANKS for listening and I'd truly appreciate any and all advice! :angel:

I'm a married mother of two. At 26yr old, I though I'd be over this acne problem. I had it terribly bad as a teen and then it lessened greatly. After having kids it has flared up again.....just thouroughly disqusted and very depressed! WHO wants to be seen when you feel so hideous!?!

THANKS ALL! Hope we all find the path to beautiful radiant skin! :D

~ J

Have to tried Dan's regime? If not try it it works for a lot of people. For myself I have to substitue the BP for Benzaclin, but I haven't really had any breakouts since using the regime of a gentle cleanser, BP, and a moisturizer that doesn't clog your pores.

Have to tried Dan's regime? If not try it it works for a lot of people. For myself I have to substitue the BP for Benzaclin, but I haven't really had any breakouts since using the regime of a gentle cleanser, BP, and a moisturizer that doesn't clog your pores.

THANKS Mike for posting a reply! I will give it try....try anything right? Thanks again for your input---much appreciation! :angel:

It sounds like your acne is hormonally related, since you had it during adolescence and after having kids. I'm not sure BP will do a whole lot for you in that case. I'm in a similar situation, and BP tends to just irritate my skin. But you should probably still give it a try, going easy at first.

Whatever you chose to do, whether it is Dan's regimen or not, make sure you give it time -- you won't be able to find an overnight cure.

Whatever you chose to do, whether it is Dan's regimen or not, make sure you give it time -- you won't be able to find an overnight cure.

yeah...tried Dan's...WAY too much BP...too drying for me....I've since found....spot treatment BP is a must for me...Dan's was just oo too much...spot treatment 1-2x/day is doing the trick...almost clear. I will just have these nasty red spots to take care of then!!!! THX :wacko:

Try Eurocin Gel. It cleared my acne when my acne broke out at 27.

Where do you find Eurocin Gel? NEver heard of it!!! :confused:

yeah...tried Dan's...WAY too much BP...too drying for me....I've since found....spot treatment BP is a must for me...Dan's was just oo too much...spot treatment 1-2x/day is doing the trick...almost clear. I will just have these nasty red spots to take care of then!!!! THX :wacko:

Try Eurocin Gel. It cleared my acne when my acne broke out at 27.

Where do you find Eurocin Gel? NEver heard of it!!! :confused:

Careful with Eurocin. From what I understand it's a topical Clindamycin gel sold in Japan. In the US topical Clindamycin is usually sold only by Rx. It does have some side effects, which are rare, but can be dangerous.

Also it may end up working at first, but since it's got no BP in it, the bacteria can quickly become resistant (happens easliy with macrolide antiboitics).

Dan's regimen was too drying for my skin, but did take my severe acne down to mild to moderate last summer. I later found that a combination of topical retinoids (Differin, Retin-a Micro...etc.) and a topical antiboitic (duac...or just plain old BP work wonders for moderate acne)....worked way better and was less irritating than using copious amounts of BP by itself........

In the summer my mild to moderate acne becomes moderate/severe acne....so the combo didn't work so well once the weather warmed up (my acne is actually cystic though).....I was still breaking out a little (nothing compaired to what it was)....so I'm looking into more drastic measures (Accutane).....

What I'd suggest is got to a derm (or even just a GP) and ask for Differin 0.10% or Retin-a Micro 0.04%. Use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Puropse, and use the retinoid at night (every other night at first), and the Proactiv BP in the morning (only a thin layer)....Proactiv's BP is a great formula. It contains ethoxydiglycol, which is a great penetration enhancer......so you need less BP for the same effect.......

Oh and remember to use an SPF lotion for daytime....and you may or may not need a nightime moisturizer depending on your skin.........I like the Olay sensitive moisturizers.......but any one will work (look for glycerin as the third or fourth ingredient on the label)...

Good Luck.....

THX LabGirl......I do use ProActive BP...2.5% or something like that...but lately isn't seeming to do so much...I just started 5%BP only as a spot treatment...since my spots are lessening....5% is a tad drying but working WELL WeLL WELL!!!! YEAH! I am almost rid of acne...HOLLY CRAP...I can hardly believe it....just need to repair the red spots/scars..ect......THX FOR YOU INFO....think I'll void that idea of the eurc gel...I'll stick to gentle washing....spot treat BP....good moisturizer always in pm.....spf in am...................... :wub:

hey momma love! why did you hate marykay? i used it years ago and loved it and have been considering going back. but maybe they changed it? also im an adult now (30) so i dont know if my skin will handle it the same way.....why didnt you like it?

i just ordedred aubrey organics for oily skin and im hoping that will keep me decent untill im not pregnant anymore and can try mary kay or proactiv again!

hey momma love! why did you hate marykay? i used it years ago and loved it and have been considering going back. but maybe they changed it? also im an adult now (30) so i dont know if my skin will handle it the same way.....why didnt you like it?

i just ordedred aubrey organics for oily skin and im hoping that will keep me decent untill im not pregnant anymore and can try mary kay or proactiv again!

HEY! I just had a bad reaction to their timewise..anti-aging line. I'd used proactive so long and since I'm close to 30...thought i'd start and try some anti-aging products...remember I had no acne at that time...BUT...huge BUT...It (mary Kay) Made me break out w/cyst acne! REALLY BAD! I pushed on and gave it adequate time...but no way...I found going back to proactive would be better, but NOW (since MK breakout) I've since done Arbonne...I'm only in wk 3 going on 4 and WOW it had cleared up everything from the MK...the cysts are gone....I just have red spots to worry about now...those will fade eventually, but I want to looose those too! Arbonne is all botanically based products....very natural....great for the skin...let me tell you...THIS is the ONLY thing I've found so far to really truely reduce my oil. It has cut down greatly....I am using the Acne line and do a clay mask 1-3x/wk...I think the mask and still doing a spot treating with BP is what has helped....the msk really rid me of oil in the last wk (only 1 wk of doiing the mask).....OF course I need to still give this another month or two to really see if it continues to wk well...but I'm still interested in Aubrey or Lush skincare......PLEASE keep me posted...I'd love to hear how it works for you....cost wise it's close the Arbonne.....pretty much the same as far as I can tell! GOOD luck with your babY!!!!!

:D