Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sallotape

What happens if you become immune to Dalacin T?

Hey,

I've been on Dalacin T for around 3 months now, it cleared up my skin pretty well until the last month or so when my skin started breaking out into these weird little lumps which would not come to a head or go away! I know that you can become immune to antibiotics but i was wondering if it means that you will in effect be immune to similar antibiotics such as eryacne? So is there any point in trying these other antibiotics or will i already be immune to it because i'm immune to Dalacin T. The antibiotics do the same thing and target the bacteria causing acne, would my skin be immune to other antibiotics which do the same thing as Dalacin T?

Hope this makes sense!

Sally

i've been using Dalacin T for 10 years and i have not become immune....maybe there is something else causing the reaction? couldn't hurt to have it checked out. or perhaps you need to change your regimen for the summer months?

The lumps have started to go down after two weeks of pure torment! :wall: But overall my face is still like a minefield ready to explode into these little lumps at any time. I'm thinking of getting a light ADH peel but would this help acne? I know it peels the top layer off, but do the spots come off with it? Yes its wishful thinking but i know the peel would help clear up my awful conplexion