Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone!

Well, summer is coming, which means that my make-up will either smear off from sweat, or just slide off from the heat. I usually use a squirt of moisturizer and mix it with a dab of foundation ("pure makeup" by Maybelline) and then I top it off with light dusting of powder (ProActiv).

My issue is the various red marks (I think they are macules?) that are more prominent on my right cheek, a few on my left, and a couple of clogged pores on the right side of my chin.

I was basically wondering if ditching the make-up and finding a good tinted moisturizer would be much better (especially for the summer)? Right now I use Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin, which is awesome, and I know they have a tinted moisturizer. The only problem is, I the box doesn't show what shade it is, and I have very fair skin, so I can't really take my chances by just buying it.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions or knowledge of a good tinted moisturizer? (And cheap ;)) Thanks so much!

how about loreal sublime....I bought some today, I will let u know how it goes. I bought the neutrogena bulid a tan....and i put it on at ngiht and woke up with an orangy face....so I returned it and got the sublime inseatn i hope it does me good

how about loreal sublime....I bought some today, I will let u know how it goes. I bought the neutrogena bulid a tan....and i put it on at ngiht and woke up with an orangy face....so I returned it and got the sublime inseatn i hope it does me good

a tinted moisturiser is different to a self tanner ;)

A tinted moisturiser is a moisturiser that has a little hint of colour in it (think of it as a really really really light foundation). It helps to even out your complexion and ease the redness of your skin. Where as a self tanner, like the products that you have mentioned, work to build a fake tan.

I was gona recommend presciptive traceless, cos I seriously think it's awesome and does the job fantastically. Also Bobbi Brown extra tint moisturising balm. but that is costly and I'd recommend that to people with dry skin.

A cheaper alternative is boots No7 sheer and shine. That's pretty good. I havent tried the nivea one but i hear thats ok too. Alternatively what you could do is mix maybelline everfresh foundation with your moisturiser. That could do the trick too.

If you feel that your foundation is pretty "heavy" then maybe ditching the foundation and looking for a tinted moisturiser is a better idea. I think you'll find tinted moisturisers are much lighter anyway. But if you cant find one you like, do what i mentioned before about mixing ur foundation & mosturiser together, it's the same thing really. :)

Hope that helps? :cool:

a tinted moisturiser is different to a self tanner ;)

A tinted moisturiser is a moisturiser that has a little hint of colour in it (think of it as a really really really light foundation). It helps to even out your complexion and ease the redness of your skin. Where as a self tanner, like the products that you have mentioned, work to build a fake tan.

I was gona recommend presciptive traceless, cos I seriously think it's awesome and does the job fantastically. Also Bobbi Brown extra tint moisturising balm. but that is costly and I'd recommend that to people with dry skin.

A cheaper alternative is boots No7 sheer and shine. That's pretty good. I havent tried the nivea one but i hear thats ok too. Alternatively what you could do is mix maybelline everfresh foundation with your moisturiser. That could do the trick too.

If you feel that your foundation is pretty "heavy" then maybe ditching the foundation and looking for a tinted moisturiser is a better idea. I think you'll find tinted moisturisers are much lighter anyway. But if you cant find one you like, do what i mentioned before about mixing ur foundation & mosturiser together, it's the same thing really. :)

Hope that helps? :cool:

well sublime loreal is tinted

Yeah, Im also looking for a good TM, and for the Uk'ers out there I was in Marks & Sparks looking at their 'Autograph' makeup and found a nice non- comdogenic, oil free TM that looked pretty good. Only problem is that I had ran out of money by this point :)!

Anyway have a look at this

Tinted moisturizer top picks.

I would like to thank everyone for responding =)

Since I like my Neutrogena moisturizer (for sensitive skin), I decided to buy the "sheer tint" moisturizer with SPF 15. It blends in well and goes on smoothly, although I think the SPF makes it a bit greasy. Tomorrow morning when I have a fresh face after my shower, it may be better (I had to wash all makeup off before putting it on after purchase, so my face was red and shiney from that).

Maybelline Pure makeup is really light and low-coverage -- it's basically a tinted moisturizer. I don't see any reason that you'd need to swap it for a tinted moisturizer, esp if you mix it with moisturizer anyways.