Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arya

Aloe Vera as a drink??

Hello all!

Anybody use aloe vera internally? As in, does anyone drink it? I got some a month or so ago, to use it topically on my red marks, but on the bottle it gives directions on how much to take per day!!! I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if you have gotten any positive results from it? Thanks a bunch!!

Arya

There was a thread awhile back with someone saying that drinking it daily cleared them.

It helps heal "leaky gut" and is supposed to have a laxative effect, although I haven't noticed that. I drink it once or twice a week as part of an overall bowel regimen.

It never did anything for my leaky gut, and I don't think it improved my skin. It's really high in a wide assortment of vitamins and minerals though... But I think wheatgrass juice / spirulina powder is a lot better.

Its not uncommon to take aloe vera internally - my dad does it all the time. However, he takes it naturally rather than the stuff which has been commercially produced - and adulterated with goodness only knows what. I took it a couple of times but it tasted so bad I could stick with it unless it was pretty much guaranteed to cure acne, which I don't think it is. Also, when you first start taking it, make sure theres a loo within easy reach.

Its not uncommon to take aloe vera internally - my dad does it all the time. However, he takes it naturally rather than the stuff which has been commercially produced - and adulterated with goodness only knows what. I took it a couple of times but it tasted so bad I could stick with it unless it was pretty much guaranteed to cure acne, which I don't think it is. Also, when you first start taking it, make sure theres a loo within easy reach.

It does taste bad doesnt it?

They sell Aloe Vera juice in my chemist.. and I have always wondered if it works! More for my redmarks than for my active acne. Has anyone tried it with good results?

I toured an aloe factory 2 months ago and they said that you should not drink the (fresh) aloe juice, as it tastes horrible and works as a very strong laxative (and is used in making commercial laxatives). Instead you should peel the skin, let the juice drip away, and then eat the center fillet/gel, same goes for topical treatment except you can mash it for easier application.

I did try eating fresh aloe and to me it tasted like suntan lotion. :D

I do use aloe topically and it has lightened my red marks almost to the point of them being non-existent. :wub:

I toured an aloe factory 2 months ago and they said that you should not drink the (fresh) aloe juice, as it tastes horrible and works as a very strong laxative (and is used in making commercial laxatives). Instead you should peel the skin, let the juice drip away, and then eat the center fillet/gel

I've heard the opposite... that the gel is a strong laxative but not the juice. I've drunk aloe vera juice several times and it didn't have a laxative effect.

It tastes fine if you add stevia. My experience was that at first you hate it, but over time it grows on you to the point where you want it like it's lemonade. But you can't drink too much at a time, for some reason.

It does taste bad doesnt it?

Yup - unless you get the commercially produced stuff. However, I don't trust that because it has sweeteners and other stuff added to it.

Hi guys! :D well, i have one that's 99% aloe and I've been actually using it on my red marks. I think they are helping them, but god knows...it could just be the placebo effect. anyway, I think I'm going to start taking 2-4 ounces a day and see how it goes....probably won't really help with the acne/red marks, but it's supposed to be a good detoxifier/internal cleansing thing. which can't be bad for you, so I'm gonna give it a go!

Btw, I tried the gel and it does taste a little funky, but only if you really swish it around your mouth...i had it with water and it honestly is quite tasteless (but only with water!!).

Veggie girl, how long have you been using the aloe on your red marks?? I want mine gooooone! :wall: Glad it's working for you though!! :)