Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissySue

new here - anyone else try the loreal adult acne kit?

hi everyone- im melissa 26 and i im so sick of this acne- a huge cyst ruined some of my wedding pics and was also very painful

ive been dealing with this acne for 13 years....ive tried everything but accutane

just started the loreal adult acne kit 6 days ago- praying for results :(

anyone have any luck?

hi everyone- im melissa 26 and i im so sick of this acne- a huge cyst ruined some of my wedding pics and was also very painful

ive been dealing with this acne for 13 years....ive tried everything but accutane

just started the loreal adult acne kit 6 days ago- praying for results :(

anyone have any luck?

Hi Missy,

hope it works for you, I have basically given up on OTC to help with this, but please post your results if it works for you. I have wasted so much time and money on the internet researching and buying product lines. I would just like to know what is working for everyone else.

good luck!

If you have really tried everything I don't beleive the Loreal kit will work, because the only ingredient in it that can fight acne effectively is benzoyl peroxide, which I imagine you have already tried.

I also have heard of several women on this site who have broken out quite badly from Loreal Infallible, so you might want to change foundations. My miracle foundation is La Roche Posay Toleriane Corrective Fluid Foundation (it's $30 a tube though).

You should list the medications you have tried, so people may be able to make alternative suggestions for you, if the Loreal kit doesn't work. Good luck with it though.

If you have really tried everything I don't beleive the Loreal kit will work, because the only ingredient in it that can fight acne effectively is benzoyl peroxide, which I imagine you have already tried.

I also have heard of several women on this site who have broken out quite badly from Loreal Infallible, so you might want to change foundations. My miracle foundation is La Roche Posay Toleriane Corrective Fluid Foundation (it's $30 a tube though).

You should list the medications you have tried, so people may be able to make alternative suggestions for you, if the Loreal kit doesn't work. Good luck with it though.

thank you so much - actually, i ran out of infallible about a week ago and went back to loreal match stuff- that seems to not aggrevate my skin...i added some more to my profile so others can see what I have used

Hi MissySue. I agree with Skeptik. If you have anything other than very mild acne, I don't believe an OTC topical / cosmetic skincare regime is going to be of much help. Most of the acne fighting lines contain one of a few active ingredients - benzol perozide, salicylic acid, gycolic acid, tea tree oil etc etc - and rest of the product is simply filler that wont have any effect on the acne. Generally, in order to successfully treat cystic acne, you will need to resort systemic (i.e. internal) treatment.

I noticed that you have tried proactive without long term results (as have I). The Loreal kit is pretty much identical to proactive. I also notice that you haven't tried that many prescriptions. If Differin is the only retinoid you have tried you should consider trying another one as Differin is a very weak retinoid. Many people are successful with Tazorac (if you are able to stick it out for a couple of months until it starts working). An antibiotic can be taken (such as minocyclin) during the first couple months of Tazorac to stop the initial breakout.

The topical that worked best for me (until I beacame allergic to it) was Sulfacet-R (also sold as Novacet or Klaron which is slightly weaker) with erythromycin powder added.

Also, if birth control pills are an option for you, I would highly recommend them (particularly Yasmin or Diane-35) for adult acne, as most cases of female adult acne are hormonal.

These are just suggestions as alternatives for you (if you don't have luck with the Loreal kit) but you should see a derm for better advice. Best of luck.