Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dazzalabs

Make the redness stop

I'm only on my fourth week on the Regimen and already I'm seeing some results. I have pretty dry skin (it split when I went Vegas last year) and so these weeks have been really tough on my image (yes, I did have an image).

The problem I have currently is that I have started using the Sensor Excel. I get no problems when I shave with it. I get no problems when I put the BP on, either. The problem always comes when the moisturiser goes on. The skin goes horribly red, starts to burn (a small amount of burning is expected generally, but this is genuinely painful) and itches like mad.

It only seems to happen when I wet shave, which makes me think it might have something to do with the way a wet shave takes some of the skin off as you shave. I usually get some burning with the moisturiser (which seems wierd) but recently with the wet shaving it gotten even worse.

Has anyone else experienced these sorts of problems and got ideas of how to rectify them? The worst bit is the redness, its not swelling, but omg does it look awful.

Thanks...

Well, what moisturizer are you using? It sounds like there could be an ingredient in yours that is not playing nicely with sensitive skin.

Its E45 Dermatological moisturising lotion.

And yeah... I thought it might have been something in it because it burns even when I just put it on after only washing my face.

It contains: Aqua, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteth 20, Lanolin, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT. Nothing of those jumps out at me as being particularly irritating, but maybe Brandy or another seasoned CSR veteran might recognize something in there. It really does sound like the moisturizer is the problem since it hurts no matter whether you've just shaved or not. This is a UK product, though, so I assume you're in the UK. You guys have Eucerin Dry Skin Relief over there, though, and I've heard very good things about that moisturizer. Dami4n can tell you all about it, I'm sure. You might consider switching from the E45 to Eucerin.

Sounds like a plan, and it just so happens that I'm off to town tomorrow so I'll pick some up. Since it can't get much more painful than this... its worth giving it a try. :)

Thanks

Sounds like a plan, and it just so happens that I'm off to town tomorrow so I'll pick some up. Since it can't get much more painful than this... its worth giving it a try. :)

Thanks

Dazza, can you tell me your cleanser too? Eucerin is the best available but as Dami4n told me, if you have a bad cleanser then it can irritate your moisturizer and make you go very red.

I have Eucerin, it's "da buisness" mate. It's £10, you dont need to use alot of it.

Dazza, can you tell me your cleanser too? Eucerin is the best available but as Dami4n told me, if you have a bad cleanser then it can irritate your moisturizer and make you go very red.

I have Eucerin, it's "da buisness" mate. It's £10, you dont need to use alot of it.

S'all fine now. I switched to Eucerin and everything's cool. I am still just using a simple cleansing bar... nothing fancy. Can't remember the name atm...

Regardless though, no beetroot-face! w00t!