Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bumpypregnancy

pregnant with acne and rash can u help

hi im almost near the end of my first trimester of pregnancy...and about a month ago i started getting acne mild but more so like an acne rash under my nose and chin. Has anyone ever heard of this or gotten it and if so how do i treat it? the acne on my face isnt really that bad but this rash is all red and sometimes dry and flaky with small red bumps and it seems to be spreading. plesae help if you can give any advice i would appreciate it.

Have you talked to your doc about it? Sometimes, pregnant women get these odd rashes. Ask him/her about it at your next appointment.

actually i have a rash similar to that under my chin, i thought that maybe i'm just allergic to something..never occurred to me that it could be acne related. Maybe you should see a doctor about it, especially since your pregnant.

true..well i went to the doctor and he prescribed finacea and clindamycin for the acne and he said that some women skin just react all crazy when they pregnant. but i find that doctors they never really help me. i use the medication on my face but not on the rash because it burns and gets more red. so i was just wondering what other treatments i could use to get rid of this rash if anyone ever heard of it or had it...i think it has to do with my pregnancy.

Well I've been using Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy acid (http://www.getthatglow.com/) gel and its slowly getting rid of the rash.

Its was allot bigger and felt soo ruff, like their are hundreds of tiny little bumps and they are soo red. But now their a light pink and I can only feel a few. I don't really know whats safe for pregnant women...maybe the website will be more helpful.

Have you talked to your doc about it? Sometimes, pregnant women get these odd rashes. Ask him/her about it at your next appointment.

I know that many pregnant women experience skin problems related to the hormone shifts. I think you should check with your DR to make sure it is not rosacea. The last trimester was when my skin was at its best but I know everyone is different. You can never be too careful when you are pregnant.