Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItalHawk87

Frustrated....

Im getting so fricken angry now.... i cannot find a single moisturizer that will not redden my skin and i think it is the reason i continue to break out... i really don't know wt to do and i don't really feel liek trying any more moisturizers... my last new product ill be trying is neutro healthy skin for sensitive skin and it doesn't have any spf... im wondering if im having a reaction to spf... also is ther any ingredients known in moistizers that have done that to other people as well ?

P.s - my skin feels tight sometimes when my skin is red so i may be a tiny bit swollen... another reason why i want ot moisturize with aloe vera but it doesn't give adaquet moisture

ItalHawk,

it could possibly be the spf, as some people are senstive to spf ingredients.

But, as Damian said, also be sure it isn't your cleanser. Sometimes you gotta do alot of detective work to find what works best for you.

I know it's frustrating, and I feel for ya.

Try out that other moisturizer, if that doesn't help, then do consider a cleanser switch.

i usually don't wait as long between the cleanser and the bp... tonight ill check dis out and make sure i wait the full 10 or 15 min before i apply bp on... if my skin is too dry feeling does it mean the stuff is ttoo harsh... but does it explain my reddness after moisturizer ?

do keep in mind that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion is a strong AHA lotion, both versions. That alone can cause redness.

Also, there was a post yesterday by 'Eryn' and she was complaining of bumps and redness and she had been using that Aveeno cleanser and the same moisturizer I think too. I"m beginning to wonder if there is something in the Aveeno products that might be irritating some people.

Thing is, if it is at all possible, use products we already KNOW are known to work with the Regimen.

Such as the Purpose bar and cleanser, neutrogena oil-free or cetaphil moisturizers, etc.

When you choose to use products that aren't already established as "Regimen" products, your results may vary and it may not work out well.

do keep in mind that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion is a strong AHA lotion, both versions. That alone can cause redness.

Also, there was a post yesterday by 'Eryn' and she was complaining of bumps and redness and she had been using that Aveeno cleanser and the same moisturizer I think too. I"m beginning to wonder if there is something in the Aveeno products that might be irritating some people.

Thing is, if it is at all possible, use products we already KNOW are known to work with the Regimen.

Such as the Purpose bar and cleanser, neutrogena oil-free or cetaphil moisturizers, etc.

When you choose to use products that aren't already established as "Regimen" products, your results may vary and it may not work out well.

After using the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser and Daily Moisturizer, I have had breakouts and I have come to a conclusion that some ingredient in their products are causing my skin to become irritated.

In the future, I plan to test out the moisturizer again to see if it will break me out (as I like the fact that it had a somewhat matte finish and it was spf 15). However, I have found a replacement for the foaming cleanser (Spectro Jel is almighty).