Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Susan1967

Thermage or Gentle Yag

Gentle Yagâ„¢

Thermageâ„¢ treatment or Gentle Liftingâ„¢ laser treatment (Gentle YAGâ„¢) can suppress acne through a different process. Radiofrequency or laser energy is captured within the skin, shrinking the deeper sebaceous glands that cause acne. For the truly deep persistent cystic acne, this approach could well be part of your treatment plan.

Has anyone tried Gentle Yag or Thermage for acne scars?

Be very careful with Thermage. If its the same treatment that I have heard of there are claims of lost fat in the cheek areas due to the treatment.

I had Thermage done about 5 weeks ago. It's hard to say what it did for my skin because I've had three Fraxel sessions since then. I did notice that my jawline is tighter, but it wasn't really loose to begin with. My skin is more clear than it has been in a long time, however I have been using B5 powder for about a month so I don't know if it was the Thermage, the B5 or the combination of the two.

The PS I go to uses Thermage in conjunction with Fraxel treatments because he says that the combination of the two produce the best results for acne scarring. I think for acne, they recommend more than one Thermage treatment.

The jury is still out on what all this will do for my scarring...I have 4 more Fraxel treatments to go and then I will wait at least a month before posting percentages of improvement. However, in my opinion, Thermage is kind of expensive to use as an acne treatment. Particularly if you need more than one. I got a deal on it because I was getting the Fraxel done as well.

Be very careful with Thermage. If its the same treatment that I have heard of there are claims of lost fat in the cheek areas due to the treatment.