Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

I am a newcomer to this wonderful forum. I plan to start Dan's regimen either today or tomorrow and see where it goes.

My history:

I am a thirteen-year-old girl. I have had moderate acne since the third grade. (Is this normal?) Starting in fifth I used over-the-counter products, but none of them worked. In the seventh grade my parents took me to a dermatologist, who put me on a regimen of 5% BP in the morning and 0.05% tretinoin cream at night. At first, I saw a big improvement. But after a few months my skin got worse again and I went off the regimen (not the smartest thing.) Since then I have tried various washes and creams, most to no avail. I stumbled across this website and am really excited about Dan's regimen.

Because I've had good results with BP before, I think this regimen will be really effective. However, I am really worried about one thing-- scarring!

My derm said I already have a bit, and right now it certainly looks like my face is scarred. I used to pick at my face constantly (I've pretty much stopped now) and I'm really worried about scars.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can expect? Was your scarring better than you expected if/when your face cleared? I know it's hard for you to give me any idea without pictures, but I'm in the process of getting a camera so I should have some soon.

Thank you so much, everyone. I've scanned the forums and this seems like a really great place. I'm excited to be here.

scaring isnt changed my bp

at the end of the day it wont clear up your scars at all in anyway shape or form

but it wil stop you getting more acne which COULD have lead to scars...

if you catch my drift.

and yea the reason that it worked for you originally is i bet you wernt moisturising.

moisturising is the key to keeping your skin in balance as usual

your skin was probably very dry when you originally used BP and thats why you started to get acne again.

dont worry tho we are here to help love!

get on a regimen that has 2.5% BP in

and a good quality moisturiser and ul be set!

You really think the BP and the moisturizer will work? I'm pretty optimistic, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

No, I wasn't moisturizing when I first tried the BP. That was probably the problem.

Thanks for the support. :)

http://www.acne.org

READ the clear skin regimen part in full.

dont skim over it

read it lol.!

and u wil start to understand abit more on why u need to moisturise.

i never moisturised when i started using bp (i hadnt found this site yet)

and my acne cleared up SO FAST

like friday i had like 5zits on my chin

by tuesday it was gone an i had a clear chin

BUT

then my face got dryer an dryer until it broke me out pretty bad :(

an i stil got the marks to prove it!

moisturising is a big part of this regimen

once uve applied bp its in ur pores fighting the acne bacteria.

then u moisturise so ur skin doesnt dry out.

your skin should feel the same as usual on the regimen (maybe a BIT tighter but nothin major)

The CSR regimen is unlike any other BP out there. It doesn't irritate your skin, and it works very well.

If you've had acne since the 3rd grade, maybe it's related to your diet.

Thanks for the advice. I'll read it in full. :)

Wow, I didn't realize moisturizer was so important. I'll be sure to get a good kind.

It might be related to my diet. But I've cut out fatty things in attempts to lose weight quite a few times since I started breaking out and I haven't noticed any correlation between that and my face.

What foods would you suggest avoiding? I read here that a lot of people thought drinking water helped prevent breakouts, so I'm going to try that. I'll also cut out soda.

If you're going to cut things out of your diet to see if it improves your skin, start with wheat, chocolate and alcohol. Yes, drink a lot of water, and eat a lot of fruit. But please don't deny yourself foods you really enjoy. Moderation is the key. :)

I don't eat much chocolate as it is, so that shouldn't be a problem. Wheat might be a little bit harder, but I'm sure I can do it. And I don't really drink much alcohol. :)

I love fruit, so that should work out perfectly. :D

personally i dont think food is a major contributer to acne

i just think it helps a bit to eat healthier

not just for skin but your whole body and therefore skin :D

eating healthy isnt gonna keep your skin clear on its own

get urself on2 a good regimen an ul clear up fast fast fast

I would definitely give the CSR a go- its what worked for me!

Just make sure you follow it to the tee for the first few months and don't let the 'purging' process or initial dryness put you off, and you should definitely see improvements. And a healthy defo diet won't do you any harm either!

Good Luck! :D

Thanks for all the support, guys. It would be so great if this regimen worked. I'm willing to do whatever it takes-- I'll be sure to follow the instructions to the letter. :)

Thanks for all the support, guys. It would be so great if this regimen worked. I'm willing to do whatever it takes-- I'll be sure to follow the instructions to the letter. :)

give it 2months of solid regimen

my skin was clearing up nicely after about a month and a bit

and then after that its clear sailing with your lovely clear skin :)

a really nice feeling

Oh, I didn't realize there was a scar forum. :lol: Thanks loads. :)

Two months? Really? Wow. I could be clear by the beginning of high school!

I'm really excited now. :D:D

yea for sure

you should definately see results by then !

keep us posted on the .org ok !

an it wasnt just about scars it was also about the regimen so i didnt move it hehe

yay u best do

an u can ask us asmany questions as u like

i love it when i get pm's from new members sayin "thanks it worked" sorta thing

hehe

Elanorci,

do let us know which products you will be using.

we can help recommend some if you need help with that.

otherwise, give it a go, and be very consistent.

good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

As far as scarring goes, the Clear Skin Regimen doesn't (and can't, really) address that. It will prevent future scarring by clearing up your acne, but what you've got now is what you've got. You really can't even begin to think about fixing scarring until you've become completely clear, though. You probably do have some scarring and it's really hard to say whether it will be better or worse than you think. Mine turned out to be worse as things that I thought were just slow-healing acne that had flattened out still remain over a year later, and now I have some small dents that I didn't notice before when my skin was in crappy condition. On the other hand, things you might think of as scars could very well disappear in months. Don't worry about scarring for now and just make getting clear your goal.

That said, I've found that using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion at night for the past three weeks or so has helped with my red marks and made the texture of my scarring smoother by removing dead skin, but I still have dents and discolored areas. I wouldn't recommend this lotion to someone just starting out with a BP regimen, though, since it contains 8% glycolic acid and stings a fair amount when you put it on. You can look forward to trying it out to even out skin tone and texture in a couple months, though.

Whatever you do.... Follow the regimen percisely and it can almost be guaranteed you will have clear skin. I have tried all kinds of perscription topicals as well as anti boitics etc etc and my face was never clear. About 5 or 6 months ago I got sick of stupid Retin A and decide to try the regimen and just yeterday all my aunts, uncles and cousins were talking about how great my skin looks and asked me what in the name of God I could have possibly used. I told them I was using Miracle Cream. :lol: But just follow the regimen like Dan outlines, listen to Brandy, and in no time whatsoever you will be cleared up. I know the sun isnt good yaddi yaddi yadda but I have not seen more than one pimple in over a month, and the only thing I really had were some left over red marks. The temp went up in the 90's for the past three days and I will say I am just so tanned and handsome right now. :D

In all honesty though, the only thing that has ever cleared my red marks was the sun, but don't worry bout getting rid of red marks until the regimen clears you up.

Good luck :razz:

Hello again!

I started the regimen this morning with lots of BP and moisturizer, just as the instructions said. I was sure to be gentle with my skin.

My face has felt oily and strange all day. Is this normal, or is your skin supposed to feel as it does on any other day?

Thanks for all the help, guys. :)

Well, you aren't supposed to start out with lots of bp. You are suppposed to start out with a tiny amount, and slowly and gradually work up to using lots.

Please back down to a tiny amount and take about 4 weeks to gradually work up to the full amount (one full finger worth of CSR gel, or 2 squiggly lines of Neutrogena on-the-spot).

Oi!

I was sure I read somewhere that it was only necessary to start slowly if you'd never used BP before (to avoid redness, flakiness), but I can't seem to find it now. Maybe it was all in my head. :redface:

well, in general, it's best to start out low and slow, because it's very unlikely anyone would have used this MUCH bp before. Most of us in the past have used it sparingly, or only spot-treated.

Normally when people jump right in, they end up regretting it within a week because the severe dryness and redness sets in by then.

Just do yourself and your skin a favor. Your skin will adjust better if you take it slow with it.

Good luck, I look forward to watching your progress!