Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justjill

Giant Red, Inflamed Zit - Party Saturday...

What can I use to, #1 shrink it, and #2 cover it up?

I am headed to the store after I get some recommendations. I typically use MAC foundation - but no concealer. I have bare minerals - but I look too powdery when I use that...my skin has freckels and scars...so I need light overall coverage and a great spot concealer. Any recommendations?

TIA!

make sure that first of all not to use too much anti-acne product on that baby! if you do it might dry it out way too much and it'll just look worse with makeup over it. I recommend neutrogena's 8 hr pimple killer salic acid product. I'd probably use it tonight, and maybe once or twice more before saturday. I also wouldn't use concealer on it (just use regular foundation over it) because it'll look more obvious. hope it works!

I would recommend Forget It concealer by BIOTHERM. It's liquidy and blends with the skin soooo nicely yet covers really well(especially big pimples/white heads) and doesn't look cakey. I only use it if I need a lot of coverage or if I have a big pimple/white head.

IPB Image

Thanks for the advice. I have been piling on the bp - on the CSR. I will slow down for a few days. I am going to try the biotherm...I love product!

^

how much is that?

it's not that expensive... like 16$ even though the tube is pretty small, it lasts forever, and you only need a tiny bit. i even wear it sometimes all over my face if i need a very good coverage all over.

also, like the poster above me said... try icing it and dab a bit of tea tree oil on it.

What is icing? Gosh, I thought I knew about acne until I came here...now I feel like I am new to this - and I am 35!

Edit: Oh, putting ice on it..hello....Yeah, I tried that the last 2 nights - nada. It is huge and stubborn...starting to heal, but will look gross for our party :(