Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Madworld

Anyone got a clue on how rinseless cleanser works?

I've bought avene's Extremely Gentle Cleanser. Admittedly, I bought into the 'extremely gentle' tag, but I was also curious in how a rinseless cleanser would work.

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/produc...oductid=1007191

So far so good. (I've only used it twice.), but how does it actually clean your face?

Ingredients: Avene thermal spring water, Cetearyl Alcohol, 0-Phenyl-phenol, Cetrimonium Bromide, decylglucoside, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water.

That's a similar formula other rinseless cleansers found here in the states. It uses a fatty alcohol (Cetearyl Alcohol) for emolliency and low levels of sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium cetearyl sulfate both surfactants....decylglucoside is a mild surfactant. Cetrimonium Bromide is a cationic (positive electrical charge) conditioning agent and that has very slight antiseptic properties.....it also acts as an emulsifier......I'm guessing htis is more like a cream or lotion......The rest of the stuff is water and preservatives.......

So basically it emulsifies the oil on your face and allows for it to be wiped away with a soft cloth or tissue.....nd leaves behind an emollient film of Cetearyl Alcohol and Cetrimonium Bromide on the skin......it may not remove much of the surface oils on your face if you have oily skin, and it won't remove makeup......but it would be gentle and good if your skin is dry or irrtiated from acne products.....

This wouldn't be my choice for a cleanser, but it's a neat formula......it must be European.....

Yup, it's french and they're all crazy about the magical 'avene spring water'

I'll give this a shot, summer's here and it's time for some serious testing.

:D

it may not remove much of the surface oils on your face if you have oily skin, and it won't remove makeup......but it would be gentle and good if your skin is dry or irrtiated from acne products.....