Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Think_pink

Look at my back!What/Who can help me?

Hello everyone,

I can't believe I'm actually showing my horrible back in public.

I didn't really have bacne ,but I just couldn't keep myself from scratching. Of course ,now I know it was wrong ,but I can't jump back in in time. My face improved and is pimplefree and spots are not really visible anymore. I used Isotrexin (stronger than Retin A) on every part of my body where I have hyperpigmentation and even my arms look muuuch better than before. But my back didn'T improve much at all. It got better but it still looks horrible. I don't wanna wear Spagetti Ops in public ,and I'm afraid of dating any guy. So my question:

Can I get id of that with a chemical peel??? Has anyone had one done before?

Remember that I'm a black girlie ,so if my skin is damaged it will leave a dark mark.

Thank you so much for reading this psycho post :confused:

THis is my lovely back:

IPB Image

I can help you.....

Hello everyone,

I can't believe I'm actually showing my horrible back in public.

Its ok, this is a support forum, check out the gallery, everyone is very nice here.

Your back doesn't look that bad, lots of people who have clear faces have something similar on there body, especially teenangers.

I didn't really have bacne ,but I just couldn't keep myself from scratching. Of course ,now I know it was wrong ,but I can't jump back in in time. My face improved and is pimplefree and spots are not really visible anymore. I used Isotrexin (stronger than Retin A) on every part of my body where I have hyperpigmentation and even my arms look muuuch better than before. But my back didn'T improve much at all. It got better but it still looks horrible. I don't wanna wear Spagetti Ops in public ,and I'm afraid of dating any guy.

Isotrexin is a topical retinoid with an antibiotic, used mostly for dealing with acne.

They dont actually kill the excess pigment like bleaching creams do, but being a topical retinoid they help speed up the rate of skin renewal therefore shortening the time it takes to elivate the spots. How efficent they are depends on your skin.

If you natrually take up to a year to heal for hyperpigmentation then it should take 1/3rd of the time using topical retinoids. It all goes back to your own skins healing abilities.

So my question:

Can I get id of that with a chemical peel??? Has anyone had one done before?

I have done many chemical peels before, but i am of European backround, so the risks are very low.

Performing checmical peels on the body as appose to the face hightens the risks of pigmentation problems.

Being "a black girlie" will also increase the chances of pigmentation problems.

Combining the two together is simply looking for trouble, please do not perform a chemical peel, otherwise you could turn out like this:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&cmd=si&img=439

Remember that I'm a black girlie ,so if my skin is damaged it will leave a dark mark.

Thank you so much for reading this psycho post :confused:

THis is my lovely back:

IPB Image

ok, first things first:

you need to diagnose the problem.

Being Black, i assume its hyperpigmentation judging by the photo,

but its important to make sure there not red marks.

Find a proper section of discolouration on your body, when you press against that part of your skin with your thumb, it should still remain the same colour.

When you press a red mark with your thumb, you cut of the blood supply and the mark temporarily disapears.

If the discolouration remains evan during the constriction of blood, you have hyperpigmentation which i recomend a regime consisting of:

Perform first thing in the morning and at night:

-Exfoliate the area with a loofah

-Let skin skin dry then apply hydroquinone cream [at least 4 percent]

-Wait 15 minutes, and then apply your topical retinoid [isotrexin]

Within 3 months, it should be gone.

If the discolouration is red marks, then its best to just let it fade on its own. Perhaps aloe vera and vitmain E may help.

THank you.

Yes, I only have these brown spots that don't go away when I push my finger on it.

Ok, I'll start using my Pigmanorm bleaching cream again.

But are you sure I should put that on first and THEN the Isotrexin gel?

Because it takes 2 hours till it'S fully sucked up by my skin..

THank you.

Yes, I only have these brown spots that don't go away when I push my finger on it.

This is good, the majority of hyperpigmentation problems with a good regime last 3-4 months max.

Much better than sitting around and waiting for red marks to fade on their own which could be anywhere between a few days to a few years.

Ok, I'll start using my Pigmanorm bleaching cream again.

Does it have hydroquinone? If so, what percent? Studies show that 2 percent is next to useless, and takes very long to show results which are NOT permanent.

But are you sure I should put that on first and THEN the Isotrexin gel?

Because it takes 2 hours till it'S fully sucked up by my skin..

Ok- if thats the case [takes hours to soak it] switch the two around.

My bleaching cream has SA and vitmain C in it making it dry very fast, which is why i put it first.

In your case, it would be better to apply the isotrexin gel first.

Also 2 hours seems like a long time, perhaps your should try rubing it in a bit more :)

and I'm afraid of dating any guy. So my question:

I'm no expert on the pigmentation thing, but I can honoustly tell you that those dark spots on your back really wouldnt bother any normal guy, I know it certainly wouldnt bother me any bit, so dont be afraid of dating a guy because of it. ;)

I had similar types of red marks on my back (I have olive skin thanks to my Italian and Spanish ancestors).

I used vinegar applied to the back before showering in an exfoliating regime to get rid of them - I estimate they were mostly gone within 6-8 weeks. My back is now spot and mark free and has been for 18months.

Its an inexpensive alternative to peels etc. Check out my other thread on Vinegar if you're interested.

All the best - and have to agree with the other poster that it doesn't look too bad to me

M.