Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can different soaps cause you not to have cystic ance, and to have cystic acne, the reason i ask is i was using the ACT soap bar from Boots, before i started using it i had pretty bad cystic acne, but after i started using it within about a week my cystic acne minimized to one or two every two weeks to zero cystic acne, before using this soap i was getting about 3 or 4 a week, the reason i ask though is i changed my soap yesterday as the other one was too drying for my skin so i'm a bit worried aboutt the cystic acne starting back up again, well not a bit worried, very worried. :pray:

Your comments welcome.

I'm not sure. I stopped using bar soaps and body washes altogether years ago until recently. I've had back, shoulder, and chest acne for years as well. I still have a little acne and am experimenting with using bar soap on my back and chest again. If I start to break out a lot, then I'll know that certain products clog my pores. If certain soaps are overdrying your skin, then stop using it. That will probably make it worse. Try using it just once a day.

Well my previous soap, the ACT bar was very drying and thats why i've stopped using it, but the Pears soap that i've changed too only drys a little and i dont get any of that tight feeling now after i've washed which is excellent, but i'm worried that i'll have an outbreak of cysts again as i think the ACT bar helped clear them up, or was it just an coincidence, i dont know really, but i know the Pears soap i'm using is non-comedogenic so it shoudn't clog pores and if it dont do that then by rights i shouldn't get cysts again, but then again it could of been something in the ACT bar helping to get rid of the cysts which the Pears soap might not have in it. :wall:

medicated soap is basically quite drying and contains "active" ingredients to combat the acne

thast why i use it on my cheeks an forehead

coz i dont need bp to keep it under control really

jus agood quality soap

and as of tonight......

The CSR Cleanser for my chin *crosses fingers*

medicated soap is basically quite drying and contains "active" ingredients to combat the acne

thast why i use it on my cheeks an forehead

coz i dont need bp to keep it under control really

jus agood quality soap

and as of tonight......

The CSR Cleanser for my chin *crosses fingers*

I guess i'm just gonna have to use this Pears soap and see what happens, i dont think the ACT soap is medicated as such, it just drys the hell out of your skin and contains active ingredients.

I'll keep you posted on my progress with the Pears soap.

I've never been able figure out what soaps will or won't cause cysts, I've been using pears though for almost 9 months though and I still get the same amount of cysts I typically get, I also take antibiotics though and am just starting retin a micro (slowly), please keep us posted though I would love to know if pears caused cysts, then I might switch. btw I only use pears in the morning to shave with and dont even wash at all night.

I used 'Simple' soap for a while and that never broke me out, dried out my skin, or irritated it. The only reason I stopped using it was because I found Valderma soap did just as good as the simple soap, but was cheaper! Maybe seeing as the bar was too harsh for you, you could try out the ACT exfoliating daily facewash?

IPB Image

You can get it at www.boots.com if your local one doesn't stock it.

I tryed that one too, it wasn't the exfoliating one, but just the ACT cleanser, and it was still as dry, but maybe i didn't give it long enough, anyways the Pears soap is doing ok so far.

I've never been able figure out what soaps will or won't cause cysts, I've been using pears though for almost 9 months though and I still get the same amount of cysts I typically get, I also take antibiotics though and am just starting retin a micro (slowly), please keep us posted though I would love to know if pears caused cysts, then I might switch. btw I only use pears in the morning to shave with and dont even wash at all night.

Well i've just noticed a big red pimple growing on the back of my neck, if this is the Pears or not, or if i had kept using the ACT it wouldn't of come, i dont know, but i'm not impressed. :shock: