Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memzba

diaper rash cream.. 40% zinc oxide!

hi ive been wearing a diaper rash cream (desitin) with 40% zinc oxide on my face for the past 2 nites. i haven't noticed anything major but i think with another week of continuous use it could completely fade my marks. signs of zinc deficiency include skin problems and marks staying longer, as well as rough, unsmooth skin.. i think the high percentage 40% of zinc would really help..anyone tried using high percentages of zinc oxide on their skin?

hi ive been wearing a diaper rash cream (desitin) with 40% zinc oxide on my face for the past 2 nites. i haven't noticed anything major but i think with another week of continuous use it could completely fade my marks. signs of zinc deficiency include skin problems and marks staying longer, as well as rough, unsmooth skin.. i think the high percentage 40% of zinc would really help..anyone tried using high percentages of zinc oxide on their skin?

haha, sounds funny, but genius! You gotta let us know how it goes!!!!

Thanks so much man!

I just saw my doc today and she actually recommended to buy SudoCrem for my red marks... it IS usually for diaper rash. I have it on my face right now as I type this! My acne is starting to get better (I am taking Doxycycline and Yasmin) but I have sooooo many red marks. My doctor said the zinc in the creme will help heal the redness. It smells like baby... :lol: and I look like casper but I'm definitely going to give it a shot. However I think it's only 15% zinc oxide... hmmmm...

Now people can call me butt face. :lol:

Indeed. I have some SudoCreme. I was wondering if you just apply it at night after washing my face? I will try it tonight.

im not 100% sure, but i think sudocrem might be slightly comedogenic. i would recommend spot treating the red marks, maybe not putting it all over your face. i dunno :think:

im not 100% sure, but i think sudocrem might be slightly comedogenic. i would recommend spot treating the red marks, maybe not putting it all over your face. i dunno :think:

Anyone seeing good results from this stuff yet?

Thanks alot

I applied Sudocreme last night and didn't really get new breakouts... actually saw some shrink... however I noticed that it got a bit oily on my forehead... hmmmm...

I' ve got some on right now... I will update you guys if any new surprises happen tomorrow morning. :pray:

My mate (well, she doesn't have acne, but has a couple of spots here and there) loves this stuff and swears by it! Ive never been brave enough to but something so oily looking on my skin, but apparentley it works! Anyway, good luck guys!

I have been using sudocrem for the last 2 weeks. It doesn't seem to block pores and it makes my skin nice and smooth. i haven't really noticed a reduction in my acne, but its only been 2 weeks. I will keep you posted. :D

How's everyone getting on? It was my third night last night and it seems as if my marks are getting darker, not fading. I might stop using it.

How's everyone getting on? It was my third night last night and it seems as if my marks are getting darker, not fading. I might stop using it.

It doesn't appear to be making the acne go away, but it is keeping my face smooth looking and so the acne appears less harsh. I am going to continue and see what happens.

I think you should give it a bit longer, 3 nights is a bit too soon to arrive at a conclusion. :)

sudocrem is comedogenic, plus when i first used it when i began to get acne, you see some improvemnt for the first 2 days ect, then u break out like hell.

dont use it it you have persistant acne, its ok for mild cases/non sensitive skin