Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
themanyo33

Anyone with very mild acne ever notice.....

I am 20 years old with pretty mild acne and have been suffering since i was 16. (I know some of you will probably roll your eyes as you have been suffering much longer and have more severe acne, but my acne DOES bother me a tremendous amount)

Anyways, has anyone else who has mild acne ever noticed that your skin will stay clear (no new breakouts) for like a week and then all of the sudden it seems like in the same day you get like 3 new whiteheads? This really pisses me off b/c when i am not getting breakouts i think "wow maybe i will be lucky and my acne is completely gone, it wont hold me back from anything anymore" and then all of the sudden in the same day its like BAM BAM. Then you get all pissed off and self-conscious about the new blemishes on your face. I have noticed this about my skin and it really annoys me.

Another thing that makes me mad is i will go out and drink at bars where it is smokey and eat fast food and go to bed really late for days at a time and my skin wont breakout. Then when i decide not to go out for a few days it wants to pull its bs and do the 3 in one day. WTF. I dont get it, either it takes longer than a day for a whitehead to form (as that is usually the only type of breakout i get), or outside factors such as food, alcohol, smoke, no sleep, have nothing to do with acne whatsoever. Comment on this if you have your own theories.

my acne sounds very, very similar to yours, and I think you should go and see a derm if it bugs you. IMO, i don't think it's worth it going on antibiotics, cause yah, they worked great for me at the start, but when I became immune they stopped working, and my acne came back worse. I'm now on a combination of an antibiotic pill (Bactrim) and a topical retnoid (Differin) and I'm loving it. The Differin is doing an excellent job maintaining my mild acne, and I only need to apparently take it for another month, then hopefully can get off meds altogether. I'll tell you though, if acne doesn't bother you all that much, you may just want to see if nature will take its course and you'll grow out of acne. i'm hoping that will be the case of me as well (I'm also 20, and a male).

Oh, and as for your last sentence, none of those things have anything to do with acne, except maybe for the lack of sleeping. your skin repairs itself the most when you sleep (i don't feel like breaking down the scientific mumbo-jumbo - a google search can explain), so not getting some sleep may be a factor. hope it all goes well for ya.

I actually went and saw a dermatologist when i was 17 and he prescribed me differin and clindamycin. I used differin cream at night and clindamycin during the day. Clindamycin made my skin soooooo shiny and the differin really really dried it out. (I have a very olive skin tone, but it seems to dry out really quickly as i only take 1 shower a day now because any more will make it feel tight and dry). I used that combination for about a year with small results. My skin is wayyyy better now than it used to be and all i do is wash it once a day with dove sensitive skin in the shower. I think i am outgrowing it, hopefully, but good luck with the differin.

P.S. I actually knew a kid when i was 18 who started using differin and his skin cleared a tremendous amount. I guess it all depends on the person. Good luck and best wishes

"wow maybe i will be lucky and my acne is completely gone, it wont hold me back from anything anymore"

try touching wood when u say that

no, not that kind of wood HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAH

Unfort. acne will never go once you have it,,you can just control it from breaking out.It will come back sometime or the other.Whiteheads can form really quick specially if your allergic to certain things,you can get inflammation/whiteheads.Other forms of acne build up for a while underneath your skin and break out.

I disagree Ihsahn, i think there is a certain age where most people will grow out of it and not get any more break outs. Normally sometime in the 20's. My dad for instance said he had mild acne growing up and i have never noticed a single breakout on his face my entire life. I believe that once you grow out of it then its gone forever.

I disagree Ihsahn, i think there is a certain age where most people will grow out of it and not get any more break outs. Normally sometime in the 20's. My dad for instance said he had mild acne growing up and i have never noticed a single breakout on his face my entire life. I believe that once you grow out of it then its gone forever.

Well some people do say you grow out of acne but i never believed in it cause i have never seen anyone,you can diff control your acne and not have acne breakouts for a very very long time but at one point or the other you will have one or 2 pimples minimum,even if they are tiny,i dont think you can completely remove them.Infact this is medically(officially) said you cannot get rid of acne but control them for a very long time.I know alot of people and im sure there are also many people in this forum who are in their mid 20's or more and still suffering with acne.They say that youll be fine by 20s its cause your hormones settle down ,your body is not used to the imbalance of hormones in the early age-but millions are still suffering maybe not as bad as in their teenage but still.

I'm completely the same mate. Can go for a week or longer with no spots and your head starts thinking "..this is it, my acne is finally going!" But it always comes back.

I always think "Why can't one spot come up at a time, why is it always 3 or 4 in one go, in different areas?!"

Do you also find that you'll get a spot in a certain place, then it'll go, leave a mark for a while and just as it's clearing completely another spots comes up just beside the mark, so it looks even worse!

Currently my skin look awful as I'm taking Vit B5 in high dosage for a 3 month period to hopefully rid the acne forever. It works by thinning out the oils in your body (which clog pores and cause spots) and balance hormone levels. So at the moment it's breaking me out in order to get rid of the crap in my skin. Hopefully it'll clear up soon though as I've been on antibiotics since 16... am now 23!

Most of my friends had acne when they were young like age 16 etc. Some cases bad. Now they are all in their 20s with clear faces except me :(

what pisses me off is when my acne can stay away for a few weeks and then comes back, surely if it can stay away for a few weeks it could stay away for good if it wanted to

i know EXACTLY what you mean. sometimes mine will stay away for MONTHS but usually its weeks. but then i break out and sometimes its nasty and persistant like 3 or 4 at once when usually i only deal with one at a time when its mild.

thats why i'm on the regimen i'm on. to completely stop anything and if it does sneak by to make sure its as mild as possible

Mine used to do that all the time. For me personally, the longer it takes clearing up the better it will be. Cause my face will clear up totally and come back a week later. I've got 1/2 a year left of acne and then I grow out of it speaking from family history.

I TOTALLY hear you. My acne was way worse as a teenager, but it never bothered me then. At all. I always thought "I'll grow out of it!"

And while it has become very mild these days, it bothers me a hell of alot more now that I'm almost 25.

I TOTALLY hear you. My acne was way worse as a teenager, but it never bothered me then. At all. I always thought "I'll grow out of it!"

And while it has become very mild these days, it bothers me a hell of alot more now that I'm almost 25.

Same here

I can relate to you big time. The other day I was so chuffed during the day, actually felt quite proud to look at myself for the first time in years and didn't notice any active spots, just some red marks, and I felt so happy.

Of course, the next day I could feel a couple of little spots coming on and I thought "Ahh for fucks sake, leave me alone to be happy for a coupla weeks you twat"

Got coupla bitchin spots now, the ones under the skin you cant really touch, and I've started feeling shit about myself again.

yeah mine does that a lot. The worst part is every time i get fooled into thinking "aw, im finally okay and everythings working" but thats never true. after three of four days of looking great, i get horribly shitfaced. its a sucky process.

I just got done with my "stage" of like 3 anoying breakouts so lets see how long i can go without any new breakouts. probably like 5-7 days and then i will be like "hell yeah my acne is finally going away" and then i will have a rude awakening. Lets just see