Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jinx_101

Aloe Vera- v. drying!

I've just bought some 99.9% pure Aloe Vera gel, and have noticed that it dries out my skin like nobody's business!

It causes even more flaking/dryness than the Mandelic Acid, which is surprising, considering it's not anywhere near so acidic, etc.

Has anyone else had this, and if so, does the skin adjust after a while?

Thanks

I've just bought some 99.9% pure Aloe Vera gel, and have noticed that it dries out my skin like nobody's business!

It causes even more flaking/dryness than the Mandelic Acid, which is surprising, considering it's not anywhere near so acidic, etc.

Has anyone else had this, and if so, does the skin adjust after a while?

Thanks

Hi Jinx,

does it have any alcohol in it ?

I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel and it's been great.

I would recommend getting a different brand of AV gel, if yours dries you up instead of helping.

Best regards...

where can i buy this fruit of the earth aloe vera gel?? also, what do you think about cutting aloe vera leaf fresh from the tree and applying it as a mask?

where can i buy this fruit of the earth aloe vera gel?? also, what do you think about cutting aloe vera leaf fresh from the tree and applying it as a mask?

Hello Simply Me,

I have no idea about fresh aloe as a mask, but my grandma used to put fresh leaves of Aloe on burn wounds and such.

You can buy Aloe Vera gel in most of the pharmacies or stores like Rite Aid.

It says "Fruit of the Earth" and below "Aloe Vera" 100% Gel.

Good luck.

I have 100% Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel, no color added etc. And i didn't use it too much at first bc my skin did feel dry and tight ... so i did a little experiment i put it on my face all day a few days ago i did it 0 or 12 times it woulda been more cept i went out. And wow my red marks, blemishes everything started healing much faster and by the end of the day my skin didn;t feel tight but moisturized and not dehydrated .. it works very very well but u have to be consistent and do it numerous times throughout the day. Especially at night make sure u lather it on bc that is when ur skin does the most healing + i didnt put anything on after no BP, no lotion/moisturizer juss aloe all day. Tea Mask then Aloe Vera excellent for your skin. So dont get the 99.9% it has to b 100% natural. Miner also says on it heals blemishes on the back and i was surprised u cna do so much with it .. i think i am going to start drinking aloe evra juice or take capsules bc it has amazing healing properties. So dont give up on it.

I bought mine at KMart comes in a huge bottle that will last you a very long time. I also put it no my legs and bikini area when i finish shaving bc it soothes the razor burn and irritation. Oh and if anyone is curious .. deodorant really helsp with razor burn like on the bikini area .. deodorant the white one not gel or liquid or spray. Works really well at healin razor burn.