Notifications
Clear all

Hypnosis to cure acne

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 05/29/2006 7:32 pm

Have any of you tried this?

I am 100% certain it *CAN* work with the right therapist and methods.

The way I see it is that your brain controls everything, some consciously and some unconsciously.

As far as I know, the swelling and puss is a result of our immune system killing the p.acne bacteria? So if our body stopped attacking the bacteria we wouldn't get cyst like spots? The bacteria are harmless as far as I can recall?

If our bodies didn't product the excess oil then we wouldn't suffer blocked pores, the brain has a positive intention for everything it does, excess oil productions positive intention could be to keep our skin young and protected. Under hypnosis it would be possible to find other ways for the brain to acheive the same result without the negative effects.

Whatever the reason for our acne, something isn't quite right and needs tweaking.

I'm going to play with some ideas and let you know my results.

Feel free to ask Q's

MemberMember
(@femina-mala-est)

Posted : 05/29/2006 8:02 pm

There is literature in PubMed regarding the use of hypnosis during surgery (especially maxillofacial surgery) to control bleeding and inflammation, and it does seem to work. On the other hand, I haven't found anything outside of surgery, and patients who were simply cut on the arm while still conscious were not able to control bleeding through hypnosis.

There actually are four articles that come up when you search for hypnosis acne, but they seem to be limited as such:

Using hypnosis to facilitate resolution of psychogenic excoriations in acne excoriee.

Shenefelt PD.

Division of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, MDC 079, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, Florida 33612, USA. [email protected]

Hypnotic suggestion successfully alleviated the behavioral picking aspect of acne excoriee des juenes filles in a pregnant woman who had been picking at the acne lesions on her face for 15 years. Acne excoriee is a subset of psychogenic or neurotic excoriation. Conventional topical antibiotic treatment was used to treat the acne. Compared with other treatments for uncomplicated acne excoriee, hypnosis is relatively brief and cost-effective and is non-toxic in pregnancy.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 05/30/2006 5:57 am

Thanks for all the info Famina.

It's definately possible I just need to figure out which techniques are going to be best for me.

My own experience of hypnosis is that anything can be controlled via hypnosis and that's simply because your brain controls everything that happens in your body. I have a friend who has a heart condition and controls it with hypnosis rather than taking drugs.

I won't go in to how it's possible to control certain immune responses but think of it like this, you can easily speed up just your heart beat by watching a scary movie.

I've used hypnosis to remove allergies in people because an allergy is pretty much a mistake by the immune system. Last week a friend of mine requested that I help him with his hayfever as he's had it since he was a kid and he had spent all that day sneezing because of the high pollen count, so we did a session and the following 3 days we went out and put it to the test, we went to fields, forrests, florists and he even stuck his head in to several bunches of flowers for minutes at a time and experienced no symtoms at all, whereas in the past merely walking past a bunch of flowers would have made him sneeze.

I tried a few self hypnosis techniques last night and I'm going to continue with it for the next few weeks, reinforcing stuff I've already done and trying new techniques to get my body back in to balance.

Again any Q's feel free to ask.

MemberMember
(@tomorrow)

Posted : 05/30/2006 8:30 am

I got hypnotized to stop smoking and it worked but then my buddy said maybe I just made myself think it would work so it worked. Make sense?

Hell knows what the cause was but hey I don't smoke anymore, oooooooooh yeeeaaaah.

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/30/2006 10:01 am

My grandfather, Milton Jabush, was a pioneer in the field of hypnotherapy. He used it to treat all kinds of conditions including skin conditions. He was actually an MD, not a psychatrist, but he did do much research in the application of hypnotherapy to treat physiological conditions, and was actually sucessful......Paul I don't know if you have ever heard of him over in the UK, but people (in the academic community mostly) here recoginze my last name and ask if I'm related to him......

He wrote a paper:

A case of chronic recurring multiple boils treated with hypnotherapy

There is no abstract, which stinks,I know he did talk about sebum production and acne in that paper, aside from boils. I'm going to contact my father to see if he has a copy of it that I can scan and post.............he's cited in a few other papers on skin diseases and hypnosis........

In one case, described by Jabush, hypnosis brought dramatic improvement where a host of other therapies had failed. The patient was a thirty-three-year-old man whose chronic condition of oozing boils dated back to his teenage years. By now, his body was covered with boils, furuncles, and scars. The organism responsible was known to be the common Staphylococcus aureus, but no medical treatment was effective. An emotional factor in his illness was suggested by the fact that the new boils appeared on his face after bad dreams and restless sleep.

Under hypnosis, the patient was told to imagine cold, tingling, and heaviness in the infected areas. He was instructed to use self-hypnosis and autogenics to relax and to extend the effect of hypnosis. His skin improved dramatically within a week and continued to clear over thirty-three sessions.

MemberMember
(@terryh)

Posted : 05/30/2006 12:07 pm

Tom Cruise is going to be so disapointed in you!!!!!! LOL

MemberMember
(@tomorrow)

Posted : 05/30/2006 12:57 pm

Tom Cruise is going to be so disapointed in you!!!!!! LOL

ahahahahaha

MemberMember
(@radin11)

Posted : 05/30/2006 3:11 pm

Hey man. I am so interested in hypnosis. I really need to stop biting my nails and procrastinating on homework, any recommendations? Also, if you could just explain like what to say and stuff during hypnosis? I understand it's being very relaxed and bringing the subconcious mind up by boring your concious mind, but what verses are you supposed to recite? Talkin about self induced hypnosis by the way.

Oh yeah, and Edgar Casey? What do you think? Sounds pretty incredible what he did to me.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 05/30/2006 6:19 pm

Hey Labgirl,

Awesome stuff! Your grandfather sounds like an amazing guy.

I did my first session last night and the results were pretty amazing, I'll leave it at that for now and do another session before I sleep.

Last night my skin healed at a pretty astonishing rate.

Hey man. I am so interested in hypnosis. I really need to stop biting my nails and procrastinating on homework, any recommendations? Also, if you could just explain like what to say and stuff during hypnosis? I understand it's being very relaxed and bringing the subconcious mind up by boring your concious mind, but what verses are you supposed to recite? Talkin about self induced hypnosis by the way.

Oh yeah, and Edgar Casey? What do you think? Sounds pretty incredible what he did to me.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 06/01/2006 3:16 am

My skins looking good, breakout gone, thank god!

MemberMember
(@radin11)

Posted : 06/01/2006 2:57 pm

Really?

Dude if you could make a recording yourself for getting rid of acne you would help so many of us, seriously I would be damn thankful

MemberMember
(@struggle)

Posted : 06/01/2006 4:16 pm

What did you do? How did you start the hypnosis??? Where did you learn? Can you make a tape?

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 06/01/2006 4:57 pm

Hey guys,

I've been studying hypnosis for 18 months now, acne is pretty tricky which is why I want to try multiple methods on myself and see what has the biggest impract...

But as with all hypnosis different people respond to different methods, that's why going to see a trained hypnotherapist is far more likely to work than listening to a tape, because the hypnotherapist will tailor the session to you.

However I will do my best to make a recording and include as much stuff as possible, I'll have to buy a few things first so I can't promise when it is.

I'll keep you all posted on the progress, my skin is definately much less oily these past few days.

Again keep the questions coming.

MemberMember
(@phyllis)

Posted : 06/03/2006 8:50 pm

This is really intriguing. Do you think it would work on the subliminal level?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/23/2007 7:06 pm

i've had success in the hypnosis with other issues like relaxation and self confidence.

But I am also curious to know myself whether it is worth investing in an hypnosis clear skin program.

MemberMember
(@deeagony)

Posted : 01/23/2007 10:40 pm

Hmmm...I could use hypnosis to stop me from picking.

MemberMember
(@mayciebabie)

Posted : 10/07/2012 1:18 am

Makes you think there the government is purposely makeing part of our mind unconcious to fuck with us. to make money because we could probably heal ourselves on our own

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/12/2013 10:38 pm

Hey maverick... I'm really interested in downloading a hypnosis tape for acne. I would make my own but I know next to nothing about hypnosis. Please let me know if there's anything you can do, or any direction you can point me in.

What if I were to download an .mp3 for the hypnosis/relaxation part, and then add in my own voice repeating the acne-related parts?

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 01/25/2013 12:28 pm

This is not a bad idea I did hypnosis for a speech problem and i can honestly say it helped. But for acne maby some sound healing delta waves or Theta waves while we sleep and wake up acne free damn I can see the future now this shit could work the mind is powerfull thing.

MemberMember
(@hoodedstranger90)

Posted : 01/25/2013 7:30 pm

This is crazy if it actually works. Makes you wonder what else can be healed or accomplished with the power of hypnosis.