Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris1982

Ingredients in New Cleanser

I am wondering why there is no glycerin in this new cleanser. Every cleanser on the market has Glycerin in it. Glycerin is most commonly used in cleasers to soften the skin and added moisture. Is there a reason it has been left out?

I am wondering why there is no glycerin in this new cleanser. Every cleanser on the market has Glycerin in it. Glycerin is most commonly used in cleasers to soften the skin and added moisture. Is there a reason it has been left out?

read brandys post. i wont link as its on this page lol.

there is ingredients in there............. sheeeeeeeeesh!

hehe :lol::hand:

There will be glycerin in the moisturizer most likely. Our goal with the cleanser was to achieve an exact pH (about 5.5) so it would match human skin's natural pH. This makes it non-overdrying. It is pretty cool when you try it. It cleans the skin nicely, but doesn't leave you dry.

tommy_boi, it's really nothing special, but it's a main ingredient found in almost ALL facial cleansers. I was just asking because maybe Dan found something out that is negative about it. Just my curiosity getting the better of me. It's not imperative to have, it's just a skin softener. It's like people have hair. It's not necessary, but most people have hair just cuz it looks better in general...just like glycerin is nice as a softener in general.

No offense bald people!

Dan, don't take this the wrong way... but it seems as if you care about people skin more than big companies proucing these cleansers, do you actually spend a long time and a lot of thought whilst devloping them? Or are you more into the business side and create something suitable yet not amazing.

Also who helps you make these products? I take it you don't pick plants from the garden and put them in, i'm curious.

I'm sure Dan will come along and answer this one himself, but until then I can tell you that he has spent months and months making these manufacturers improve their samples over and over and over until they get it right. That is why it has taken so long to get these products, and especially the moisturizer, going. Not because Dan isn't working diligently, but because he is absolutely insisting on putting out the best products out there. His gel is a prime example. There is no other product like it out there, even the other 2.5% bp products simply don't compare in "quality" imo. And I personally know how hard he has been working on this moisturizer situation because he DOESN'T want to put out a mediocre product, he wants to have the PERFECT product to compliment the Regimen. I know Dan himself has tried over 20 different moisturizer samples and he has sent Joel and I many to try as well, trying to find the one perfect moisturizer to replace Eucerin Skin Renewal.

So, yea, from what I know of Dan, his main concern is helping us acne-prone peeps, and putting out the best most gentle products to help people clear their acne. His heart is in the right place. He could over-price these products and make a ton of money, but he doesn't. He has said many times he does his best to keep the prices as low as possible while still having quality products.

Anyway, that's my two cents, lol.

Dan can answer in his own words as well. :D