Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miku

what kind of treatment for my type of acne?

heres my gallery:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=2938

Im not sure what kind of acne I have :think:. I read the page about the different types but i couldnt make it out for sure. I got some white heads but mostly medium sized red bumps as you can see in the pictures. Altough I think the bad lighting made my acne look alot better then it actually is.

So what kind of acne do I have?

and what treatment should I get for it? just some 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and a little moisturization?

Also, what kind of scaring will I get? ive had acne for about 3 years and havent treated it at all. And im afraid I have been popping them most of the time, unaware of the consiquences.

heres my gallery:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=2938

Im not sure what kind of acne I have :think:. I read the page about the different types but i couldnt make it out for sure. I got some white heads but mostly medium sized red bumps as you can see in the pictures. Altough I think the bad lighting made my acne look alot better then it actually is.

So what kind of acne do I have?

and what treatment should I get for it? just some 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and a little moisturization?

Also, what kind of scaring will I get? ive had acne for about 3 years and havent treated it at all. And im afraid I have been popping them most of the time, unaware of the consiquences.

Is your skin a tad oily? Right now, it looks like you simply have moderate acne, as do I (but mine is not usually that widespread). You need an exfoliating cleanser, perhaps with a small percentage of salicylic acid. You may also consider a gentle facial soap (if some users complain that it is dry, that is alright unless your skin is already dry; but if your skin is a bit oily, then a bit of a drying agent might be good).

You will also need 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and a good mosturizer with SPF 15+, preferably. I think Dan's regimen will work for you and it doesn't seem to be a special case that would require a dermatologist necessarily. Remember to start out gradually.

read here for details on the Clear Skin Regimen.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Basically you need three things that you can get over-the-counter.

A gentle nonmedicated cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and an oil-free moisturizer.

This program is good for mild to moderate acne.

Definately try the Clear Skin Regimen. I have been to dermatologists, spent lots of money on perscriptions, been considered for acutain (and the doc was actually going to perscribe it, but i decided to say F*** it).

I have been on the CSR for about a week now and am really noticing an improvement. Do everything just as Dan has said, and make sure you start slow and give it time.