Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ihsahn

Male make-up to cover acne blemish?

Ok i know this is really girly,but us guys do also feel insecured about our looks so is there any guys who wear male make up to cover up small scars and left over red acne marks?.And which ones are good any brands suggestions? im thinking of giving it a try- i know theatre actors and movie actors wear them and they really cover up some good damaged skin.

Hey me too. I'm looking to going to walmart or walgreens for some non pore clogging light make up. Just for some bad marks i have. I used the tinted 10% bp and that just instantly dries my skin out. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't worry I've tried before neutrogena. But I gave up after one try it looked bad and fake. Didn't really even cover anything up.

Unfortunately, makeup is makeup. I started breaking out early (like 10) and so by 12 I was looking in the medicine cabnet for stuff to use. I used the tinted clearacil once, and got called "makeup boy" by a CRULE kid at school.... never did I try again!

There is a poor girl at work, who I can see has TERRIBLE skin, and she tries to cover it up, but in a vicious circle, it just doesn't hide anything, and seems to make it worse.

The problem with a lot of makeup is that , in order to "conceal" it has to contain a pretty dense amount of pigment. The stuff they use on actors is VERY thick, and will hide some imperfections. I was an extra in a movie and had some makeup applied. Had a small zit on my face. The girl literally used a small spatula to apply this paste to hide it.

If you have oily skin... the oil will eventually lift the pigment off your face, and all you have to do is brush your face slightly, and the stuff will just whipe right off.

I will admit, i probably use more stuff on my face than my mom! I get stuff to try all the time in the mail, the funny thing is the "extras" I get sometimes.... I give them to her. and sometimes she uses the stuff I order..... hummmm

I do use an oil absorbing cover on my face... but that only lasts a few hours before I look like I'm breaking out in a sweat. I have to "blot" constantly through the day.

The only time I put anything on my face that I wouldn't want people to see is at night, some of that cover up stuff, that's like spackle, dries'em up quick. But I wouldn't answer the door with the polka dots on the face.

I know makeup can be a quick fix, but in the long run, maybe finding something to help with the redness would be better. Just an opinion.....

Ok i know this is really girly,but us guys do also feel insecured about our looks so is there any guys who wear male make up to cover up small scars and left over red acne marks?.And which ones are good any brands suggestions? im thinking of giving it a try- i know theatre actors and movie actors wear them and they really cover up some good damaged skin.

I know what u mean guy.....

well i used the neutrogena stuff (it was an acne blemish concealer, came in like 4 shades or something, and was allegedly non comedegenic, which i think is a load of crap really) as well, it worked real well for me for some time, remember it comes in different shades too, got to get the shade that matches u best, shit when i first bought the stuff i just bought all the shades & experimented a bit. Also u have to apply it correctly.... I used it for a few years but i think in the end it started causing my skin to break out and made my skin greasier.

I recently bought a specifally designed for men concealer stick (Duo Conceal by Studio 5ive System) of a site on the internet. It seems slightly better but overall now I am going off the idea of concealer sticks. I saw somewhere that it might be worth trying something called mineral make-up as its very light and far more effective than the concealer sticks. Just got to pluck up the courage to ask some make up girl in the pharmacist store about it......doh!!

Yes its true Acne is turning me into a big girl, hopefully Tane can save my male-ness!!lol

AndD

On the Tane Plane to New Skin City

Ive actually seen some (male) actors who have very average blemish prone skin look stunning in movies. So i was cute curious what they might be using since I just needed the make up only on certain occasions. yeah seriously this acne and its blemishes turns you feminine,atleast for a certain phase in your life.There was even a time I went into a pharmacy looking for female make-up & told the pharmacist to show me some female make-up for my sister whos complexion was just like mine lol, by the look of her face im sure she figured out i was looking for make -up for myself.Thanfully i didnt buy anything i came out ,and realised how feminine a few marks in my face made me and how some acne blemish can really turn you into something your not.Your right make up is make up,even if it is made for guys.

Hi, I'm not a guy, but I helped a guy friend (who only started breaking out after his girlfriend dumped him) shop for makeup before and we decided on Origins Reflection Perfection. He refused to wear all over makeup so foundation is out, he just want to cover the spots so at first there's tinted acne cream, urgh, the damn thing dry out even before you could blend it evenly, then concealer, which works when I applied it for him, but he's so clumsy that it dried out on his finger before he could even blend it in correctly. What I like about the Origins Reflection Perfection is the fact that's it's a foundation, so it's thinner than concealer, but it's thicker than other foundation out there. So now he can use a little dab and take his time to conceal his spots without having the products dry out and cake on. It's mistake proof, if he use too little, just dab on some more, if he dab on too much, then blend the edge, it's a foundation so it absorb into the surrounding skins better and more naturally than concealer does. Plus, it comes in various color, u can definitely find one that matches yours. He likes the fact that it's in a tube, and not a girly little bottle. Also, after the first visit to the counter to pick out the right color, he can then just order it online with the color he knows work so no more embarassing moment or trip to the store for him.

Hey there i use concealer by Eucerin on my problem areas-the jawline and under my nise, works real nice too and heals the acne..i can only recommend it.BTW i apply it with my finger..

If you want cover the entire face, I'd recommend mineral makeups. They are pure pigments so there's little to no filler. As a result, you need to apply a very small amount of the product and it will look more natural. Remember you need to match the color to your skin. I use pur minerals (www.purminerals.com) but others prefer other brands. Just remember to buff the product really well into the skin for a more natural look. My goal isn't to use the mineral makeup to cover everything, but to gently even out the skintone then use concealer to hide the more "difficult" spots otherwise you'll end up with more makeup on your face than Joan Collins.

For spot treatment, I recommend Dermablend (www.dermablend.com) and Smashbox multi-purpose stick foundation e.g. http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_...N=100025+103140

Both have higher levels of pigment and are great concealers and easy to apply. Remember to blend very well into the neighboring skin. (The brush from the Smashbox product makes the blending so easy.) I don't even set the Dermablend with the setting powder and still have good lasting ability (when set properly, you can go swimming and it won't come off). Contrary to what some recommend, I apply the concealing products after the pure mineral makeup only in areas that need extra coverage. If you conceal before using the pure minerals, you will inevitably disturb the concealer.

For those with oily skin, I recommend Aloette's Flawless (http://www.aloettecosmetics.com/oneproduct.aspx?product=131&nav=22) to be applied after your moisturizer and prior to any makeup. It has salicylic acid and silicone and the ability to reduce oil production. It is the best oil reductin product I've ever used. Be sure to shake the bottle up very well prior to each useage as the product seems to separate. Also start with a very thin application and adjust the amount in subsequent applications.

Last hint: Prior to going out in public with your concealed face, practice your application technique on the weekends when you can stay home and check out how your face looks throughout the day including under various lighting conditions. Then you will know what adjustments you need to make to your technique to ensure you look natural. You don't want to show up for work one morning looking like a drag queen :lol: (unless that's your job......and nothing against drag queens whatsoever).

For more details on products or application methods, check out my prior posts (you might need to go way back) as I've addressed this topic on numerous occassions. The bottom line is to feel good about yourself until the acne can be controlled or cure. What others think is important, but what you think about yourself is even more so. After all, self-esteem is what determines how far you go in life......"Laugh, enjoy life and until you achieve your goals, fake it 'til you make it." Good luck.

What about a spot treatment that can work without an all-over concealer?

Just wanna cover up a red mark sometimes, but don't want to use foundation - just a simple cover up.

I'm a guy and seriously don't see anything wrong with wearing a concealer. I first tried Maybelline Great Wear and it stayed on all day, no one could tell, and it didn't clog my pores. Unfortunately, they discontinued it so I tried the Revlon Colorstay acne blemish control. It had salycylic acid though, kind of like the Neutrogena concealer, and I didnt really like it because I think it clogged my pores and made it worse. It also left a slightly white residue probably because of the salycylic acid so it didn't look as good.

So I switched to Maybelline true illusion undetectable concealer and it works great just like the great wear one did. It doesn't clog pores, no one can tell I have it on, and blends into my skin pretty well. It also stays on all day as long as I don't brush it off.

I really think that if your a guy and feel a bit embarassed about big pimples, it's much better to try concealer since people can't tell anyway, and give it time for your pimples to heal rather than avoid going outside. It truly is the way to go.

Besides, if someone does say something just say its pimple medicine and they'll leave you alone.

No, no, no.. don't use girl make up. I bought some guys make up from this guy skin store. it is called studio one i forget the web address, but you can google it. anyways I got a good concealer and foundation here and no one even notices i wear anything.

Using makeup to deal with redness around pimples is something that I've recently decided to do. I feel better about myself during the day and it truly is hard to tell you're wearing it if you do it right. I am on my third week of Accutane and my doctor suggested wearing cover-up as if it the gender taboo never crossed his mind.

ES

from a girl's perspective, i would rather guys NOT wear makeup. i don't care how bad of a condition your skin may be in.. it really comes off as wierd to me if guys wore makeup. honestly, i really don't mind/care about acne on guys, in fact it makes them even more attractive cuz i know whats its like and how much stronger you gotta be to go through with it. girls have a much higher demand to look presentable.. thats why makeup was invented. but if you're a guy, please don't resort to makeup. i myself want to quit using makeup because i hate the feeling of being dependant on it and i feel that it limits me so much.

That's a pretty crappy thing to say on this board.. You can go and do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better, but you are making other people feel ashamed for doing the same thing? I could really care less how you feel about me (a guy) deciding to wear makeup out in public, it's actually more about how I feel, not how you feel.

Regarding the statement that girls have a much higher demand to be presentable; is your boss or someone telling you that you have to look nicer or you're fired?? Maybe your parents said that you would no longer be their daughter if you didn't wear eyeliner because girls have to do that? That's a load of crap, there is no "demand" for ANYONE to look more presentable except for how they feel inside. If someone wants to use some makeup to make themselves feel better about a temporary problem, then I say go for it.

I've used makeup on several occasions after having fraxel treatments to hide the redness while I'm at work.. Somehow, I think the VP of my company might notice my bright red face during our executive meetings and I'm sure he appreciates the fact that I cover it up so it's not the topic of discussion.

Please think before you let your fingers type; if a guy feels bad enough about the way he looks that he feels the need to use makeup (believe me, most guys DO NOT want to use makeup), then don't make him feel worse about it by saying its "weird".

Sean..

No, no, no.. don't use girl make up. I bought some guys make up from this guy skin store. it is called studio one i forget the web address, but you can google it. anyways I got a good concealer and foundation here and no one even notices i wear anything.

:lol: What's the difference? If you wear a brand that says makeup for men does that somehow make it more socially acceptable? Concealer is concealer. I don't know about foundation though, that is a bit stretching it.

As far as being weird because I wear a little concealer as a guy, that's one girl's opinion and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. Besides, it would look much weirder to have all these old acne marks on your face that are noticeable then a little concealer that blends in to the color of your skin.

see i use loreal bronzer and it gives me soem color but now i want to soemthing on top of that. for a date i used oxy cover up on all my face juts a hint and it covered but made my face toght and dry, at this point, i came to the realiztion that i cant cover my redness well i could but dont know how and dont want to pile on the make up, i juts want soemthing that will look good and just uuse it on some occasions not all the time....

what would u gusy reccomend, i live in canada btw

hey I use bare minerals. I use the medium color and then just use the bare minerals concealer brush and apply it on. I only have a few scars on my cheeks and like few tiny pimples on my cheeks and a few scars on my temples thats about it.

At first when I apply it w/the brush its very little noticeable but then when I go and walk and sweat a little bit it seems 2 some how blend perfectly and it goes from little noticeable to no noticeabl at all. I use it when I go to nightschool and nobody has ever told me anything so it works.

oh yeah can someone explain to me what foundation is?