Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using this combo for the last 2 months or so and it seems to be working like a charm. I shower/wash my face with Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash, then apply a very good amount of Dan's BP gel to my entire face. I let my face dry for about 15 minutes then apply a very thin layer of the Mint Julep mask all over my face. I have extremely oily skin and it seems to keep it under control. I've used each product separately in the past, but the combo is giving me the best results. Also, this combo is good for deep, cyst-like ones I've developed from time to time because of sweating my behind off after playing basketball once a week. I just follow the same routine as mentioned above, yet I put a large gob of the mint julep over the area. Seems to diminish by atleast 50% over night. :)

so, does the mint julep keep the bp from ruining your clothes and sheets? Also does it make the skin red? The reason I ask is I get zits on my neck that are hard to get rid of and have tried all I can to heal them, even tto helps more than everything I have tried but it seems to take a while to kick in and it has dried out my neck and has made it red. Thanks for any advice.

I haven't experienced any bleaching of my clothes from the BP. That could be because I don't really put a top on until after I've put the BP on and rubbed it in until it was completely absorbed by my skin. Therefore, there is no excess to get on my clothes. My advice as far as tto is concerned is that it can, for certain people, irritate like hell. I know it's widely accepted to be gentle, but it always made my face beet red (much more so than BP). I would suggest trying a layer of Dan's BP on your neck, let dry for atleast 10 minutes, then a layer of the mint julep. Let me know if this helps any. Good luck.

so, does the mint julep keep the bp from ruining your clothes and sheets? Also does it make the skin red? The reason I ask is I get zits on my neck that are hard to get rid of and have tried all I can to heal them, even tto helps more than everything I have tried but it seems to take a while to kick in and it has dried out my neck and has made it red. Thanks for any advice.

Are you talking about this one?

IPB Image

You put this on after you put BP and then rinse it all off?

YES, that is the one I'm talking about, but NO, I do not rinse it off. I leave it on overnight. I put a thin layer of the mint julep on though. I only gob it on in the event of a deep marble/cyst forming.

Are you talking about this one?

IPB Image

You put this on after you put BP and then rinse it all off?

YES, that is the one I'm talking about, but NO, I do not rinse it off. I leave it on overnight. I put a thin layer of the mint julep on though. I only gob it on in the event of a deep marble/cyst forming.

Thanks man... only reason I asked is because I also use this but not the way you described and I also appear to have the same cyst-like acne that you have. I have had little luck though. Im gonna try this. If you are a guy, like myself, do you get weird comments from girls that stay over seeing that you wear a mask to bed? I have to wear one when Im positive I wont have any company. lol

Are you doing this everynight?

Also, what is the exact name of the alpha hydrox cleanser you use?

Yea i also use the mint julep mask but not ever night.... lately i just been using it as a normal mask before i jump in the shower like every 3 days or so and i occasionally glob it on spots over nite and use a wash cloth to wipe it off in the morning if one of my roomates are awake... i could never put it all over my face that would be to embarrassing to walk in front of 5 college guys

Yeah, I can definitely sympathize with not wanting to walk around in public with this green on your face. My girlfriend is extremely understanding of it and thinks that if its working then why not wear it? I was thinking of writing that company and asking them why they don't release this product without the green coloring which I am sure is not necessary. The face wash I use is Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash. I think it can only be purchased online as I have not been able to find it in stores. You can try Rite-Aids or CVS's before you try online though. Remember though, you are only applying a thin layer of the julep over the BP. You'll still have a weird tint to your face, but it shouldn't be completely green. You almost want to just smear a tiny bit and pat it in until it dries.

Keep the questions coming if you have any...

Yeah, I can definitely sympathize with not wanting to walk around in public with this green on your face. My girlfriend is extremely understanding of it and thinks that if its working then why not wear it? I was thinking of writing that company and asking them why they don't release this product without the green coloring which I am sure is not necessary. The face wash I use is Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash. I think it can only be purchased online as I have not been able to find it in stores. You can try Rite-Aids or CVS's before you try online though. Remember though, you are only applying a thin layer of the julep over the BP. You'll still have a weird tint to your face, but it shouldn't be completely green. You almost want to just smear a tiny bit and pat it in until it dries.

Keep the questions coming if you have any...

I tried this last night. So far my face is feeling fresh and clean. Its about 10:43 am and I usually start getting really oily around 3pm or so. So are you doing this nightly? It would more than likely dry the average persons skin out, but I have really oily skin and I moisturize in the morning, so maybe every night wouldnt be so bad?

Yea i also use the mint julep mask but not ever night.... lately i just been using it as a normal mask before i jump in the shower like every 3 days or so and i occasionally glob it on spots over nite and use a wash cloth to wipe it off in the morning if one of my roomates are awake... i could never put it all over my face that would be to embarrassing to walk in front of 5 college guys

what type of acne do you have and what is jojoba oil good for?

Hey umm id say i have mild acne... really not that bad but i have lots of clogged pores/blackeads with maybe like 2-5 noticable spots a week and maybe a cyst like once a month... i use jojoba oil because it makes my skin super soft and supposidly help bp absorb better and is also supposed to help clear clogged pores... cant really say if it is helping me but its definantly not hurting and my skin is super soft because of it... how long have u been on the regimen for?

Hey umm id say i have mild acne... really not that bad but i have lots of clogged pores/blackeads with maybe like 2-5 noticable spots a week and maybe a cyst like once a month... i use jojoba oil because it makes my skin super soft and supposidly help bp absorb better and is also supposed to help clear clogged pores... cant really say if it is helping me but its definantly not hurting and my skin is super soft because of it... how long have u been on the regimen for?

Ive been on the Regimen for about a year. I have not been consistent though. So, for every 3-4 days I go without BP, I pay for it the following week. Do you have very oily skin? If so, does the jojoba make it any better or worse(OIL)?

LOL, it's like an antimoisturizer. I guess if it works for you then keep it up, but I can't imagine putting something so drying on my face after Dan's BP instead of a moisturizer. What did you do before this? Were you on Dan's regimen, using a moisturizer and all? I'm just curious because a lot of people here have oiliness and acne problems and this might be helpful to some of them, but this also seems like it would be way too harsh to start out doing without having your skin get really used to the BP.

LOL, it's like an antimoisturizer. I guess if it works for you then keep it up, but I can't imagine putting something so drying on my face after Dan's BP instead of a moisturizer. What did you do before this? Were you on Dan's regimen, using a moisturizer and all? I'm just curious because a lot of people here have oiliness and acne problems and this might be helpful to some of them, but this also seems like it would be way too harsh to start out doing without having your skin get really used to the BP.

This was my first full day in years having this little amount of oil build up. It is now 5:30 PM and before today I am usually drenched in oil on my face by around 4 pm. I just blotted my cheek with the back of my hand to see how oily I was, and I only noticed a little. :clap:

American Idiot, pat yourself on the back.

I think Im gonna start a journal in the regimen forum, being that Im just starting this and to keep track of my progress.

I have very oily skin.... i also read somewhere supposidly that jojoba oil mimics face sebrum tricking it to produce less.... however i def need to pat my face after i go through all the regimen steps but i really dont see it making me more oily through the day.... i really dont want to recommend jojoba oil if ur results are acceptable now but there are many people that enjoy it including me

No doubt man. I'll give this about 2 weeks and see if it continues. If it doesnt then I'll try the jojoba out.

Glad to hear your experiencing some benefits from this so far tooshort. Like you said though, give it another 2 weeks atleast to make sure it's truly helping out. I agree that it sounds as if it would be very drying when used in conjunction with the BP, but maybe it's just a good regimen for oily skin? I definitely would not reccommend it to someone who has not gotten used to the BP alone yet. I need to stress though, I'm not putting on a a very thick layer at all of the mint julep. After the BP has had time to dry, I apply a pea sized amount to each cheek then spread it gently and thinly (?) over my face until it is absorbed. I started this just thinking it might help reduce sebum production over night (especially now during the summer).

Hope this helps and as always keep the ?'s coming...

I missed a few questions it seems. I DO this nightly. I have, in the past, sporadically used moisturizers but with no beneficial effects. My skin is far too oily and the moisturizer during the day just made my skin look like an oil slick. I do experience a little dryness right after drying my face in the morning, but it fades as my oil creeps up a bit. Here is the regimen I'm using currently (morning and night, every day)

Morning: Wash with alpha hydrox foaming face wash (Purpose bar soap if I don't have the AH)

Pat dry

Apply Retin-A micro (every other day)

Evening: Wash with alpha hydrox foaming face wash

Pat dry

Let face air dry for atleast 5-7 minutes

Apply Dan's BP gel (generous amounts)

Let face air dry for nother 5-7

Apply a pea-sized amount of mint julep to cheeks and forehead and gently spread it over

skin until it is pretty much absorbed into skin (globs placed on problem areas, IF ANY)

I also take Chromium and Zinc before bed every night.

I also take Chromium and Zinc before bed every night.

??? What are they beneficial for? I take B5 right before bed and two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Chromius helps reduce skin infections and acne and many people are deprived of zinc so that can help also.... hey where do u buy extra virgin olive oil?