Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zelio78

Stages of acne

I'm a 27 yo Male with adult acne and I tend to get some of my most stubborn acne around my temple and cheekbones. I have developed a zit recently on my right cheekbone and I refuse to pick at it or apply any bp because the area is so sensitive. It went from being a little red bump, to being a big red bump and sore, and back to a small red bump without any soreness. Its been 5 days and it is still noticeable and red. I do notice that there doesn't seem to be any puss but the skin is still slightly raised and its itchy. Normally I am proactive about a zit and apply bp and do some self needling but I just wanted to see what happens when you don't do anything. Funny enough it seems to me that there is no difference. What should I do? Should it heal on its own and fade in a few days or should I hammer it with bp? Keep in mind that it is near a rather sensitive area. How long does it take a zit to normally fade without any outside interference? Thanks

Sounds like a nodule, if the lump was hard, painful and there was no puss. If nothing has come to the surface i would tend to leave it well alone.

Yes, those kind of acne lesions probably won't respond to anything topical. Your best bet is to see your doc about those. Maybe you need some accutane, or at the very least, an injection to get the bump to shrink up.

I had those same kinds of bumps before 'tane, but they were usually located on the sides of my chin. I'd have about 2-4 of these every month, and they'd take weeks to fade out, only to have new ones replace them. Anyway, the only thing I've found to work effectively for those was 'tane. I was on Retin-A Micro before that, and tried a bunch of different meds/OTC stuff, but nothing could really nip those stubborn ones in the bud.

Ok so I haven't done anything to it and my derm said that I should just leave it alone and it will go away on its own. Its been about a week and it looks practically the same except it has begun to flake. Its still red and raised but I can push on it and it isn't sore at all. What a nuisance.

I get these. I call them landmines. Beware, leave it alone. If you play with it, it can blow up into a full blown cyst. If you leave it alone there is a much better chance it will just fade away. Mine can take 3-6 months before they aretotally gone and sometimes longer but if you are lucky it will go down and be unnoticeable in a few weeks but you will still feel a bump. Try not to poke at it.