Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey I was considering using a clay amsk but was unsure about what there effects are and how well they work in reducing oil.

Can anyone englighten me and give advice on the best brands? Please and thankyou.

I like french clay the best it seems that it doesnt dry out my face as much as china clay. It doesnt really reduce oil that much i mean i havent noticed much of a difference at all but the next day the redness and swelling does seem like it went down a bit. Ive never really seen any bad effects from using them but I did read in a book that if you have acne using masks arent the best idea.

Trouble is, people tend to overuse them ... and they can dehydrate the skin, leaving it more acne-prone.

If you use one, only use it once or twice a week, and don't leave it on longer than 5 or 10 minutes.

These do make good spot treatments, especially if they contain sulfur ... put a blob of the mask on a spot and leave it overnight, and it will often dry it out or at least make it come to a head.

Try Astara Blue Flame Purification mask, it's the only mask that I continually buy. It works better for my acne than anything I've ever tried. It even works better than Queen Helen Mint Julep masque in my opinion.

LionQueen is right, only use it once or twice a week....or it will make your skin worse.

I used them. They work.. I guess. They didnt do what I was looking for -- and that was completely reducing the oil. I use vitamin b5...and that stopped my acne in its tracks in 3 days. And I did FULL-BODY, hormone-Blancing Acupuncture, and that made my skin beautifully perfect (not one pimple, blackhead, whitehead...or oily nose/hair). I had so much oil before...that my mom thought i had a disease...and I had closed white comedones all over my face and blackheads.. It was terrible.

But after doing acupuncture, within one month my skin is beautiful :) Not one read mark or anything :):):)