Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gregthegreat

Solution to sweating off the bp?

it's summer now...

i'm using Dan's CSR gel and you can still see when you sweat it off- there has to be a better solution than a plain towel

honestly man i dont think there is

if u sweat lots

ur gon sweat out the bp

i can notice it on my chin when im really hot

but if ur using dans CSR gel then its clear neway so it jus looks like sweat and not white

it still looks gross, and out of the ordinary. i have this problem too. also when i sweat and my face gets wet, the dead skin on my face as a result of the regimen shows up. my face hardly ever gets dry or flaky but it does build up a lot of dead skin that i have to gently get rid of every morning and night.

I've noticed this sometimes when I get particullary hot aswell. I don;t think that there is any such 'soution' but I think the best thing probably is just to keep a tissue nearby or in your pocket so you can dab it off when you feel it is happening :)

Yea it will be interesting to see how my skin reacts to all this sweating all day long.... fricken 90 degrees here in Minnesota

I used to see white drops of sweat when it was really hot, and it was bad. Then I discovered that it was the moisturizer I was using. I switched to Neutrogena Moisture for sensitive skin, and the "sweating out the BP" problem ended.

Your sweat glands and the oil glands are different holes, so it shouldn't matter if you sweat.

wow.... sounds real promising :doubt:

T∑PLØ, that's strange that that moisturizer solved the problem.

I'm stuck with Cetaphil, unfortuanetely I won't be able to try that.

And not to mention rain...

once I was at school and someone pulled the fire alarm when it was raining. We had to walk all the way to the other side of the school in the rain. And I think I was using Neutrogena at the time. I could just imagine how much stuff showed up on my face.

so... the next 2 or so years of my life I have to live in constant fear of sweating/getting hot and rain. see, it's a bit embarassing if someone asks you, "what's that stuff on your face?" and then you'd have to explain that it is for your acne. thank God that hasn't happened, because there are many cases where it could've. and it ruined my Senior Field Day. :evil:

plus, I had to miss several applications because I didn't want to sweat the stuff off....

I've noticed this sometimes when I get particullary hot aswell. I don;t think that there is any such 'soution' but I think the best thing probably is just to keep a tissue nearby or in your pocket so you can dab it off when you feel it is happening :)

Hehe. All when and good except when the tissue actually comes off on your face. :lol:

No wonder my friends at work told me I looked like a mummy. *curses and shakes fist at poorly-made tissues*

I've applied BP and waited like a half hour before applying moisturizer, and it's been so hot lately that in the meantime my face will have become dewey. I don't believe the BP actually comes off, though, and it definitely doesn't show up white--my sweat is like droplets floating on top of my skin above the layer of BP, really, completely colorless. It dabs off with a tissue. If you actually see something besides colorless sweat like white streaks, it's your moisturizer, not Dan's gel. I have not had any problems the appearance of sweating with either of the moisturizers I use (Clean & Clear Morning Glow and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion).

You can do what I did: move to a temperate, west-coast North American climate. You also get the lovely mountains and ocean, which won't keep your skin clear, but they're just plain nice.

Cam >B)

it's summer now...

i'm using Dan's CSR gel and you can still see when you sweat it off- there has to be a better solution than a plain towel

I don't believe the BP actually comes off, though, and it definitely doesn't show up white--my sweat is like droplets floating on top of my skin above the layer of BP, really, completely colorless.

That is exactly what is happening to me. However, I tend to sweat easily and when I'm just inactively sitting or standing in a warm area, I will just start to sweat for no reason. However, this has only started really occuring since I've started the regimen. I am starting to believe that I may have mild hyperhidrosis as this is not normal. My friends sometimes will tell me that I am "sweating like crazy" or something along those lines. The worst part is, when they tell me this, I have no clue that I am sweaty :doubt: and therefore I can't always tell when to dab it off.

I don't believe the BP actually comes off, though, and it definitely doesn't show up white--my sweat is like droplets floating on top of my skin above the layer of BP, really, completely colorless.

That is exactly what is happening to me. However, I tend to sweat easily and when I'm just inactively sitting or standing in a warm area, I will just start to sweat for no reason. However, this has only started really occuring since I've started the regimen. I am starting to believe that I may have mild hyperhidrosis as this is not normal. My friends sometimes will tell me that I am "sweating like crazy" or something along those lines. The worst part is, when they tell me this, I have no clue that I am sweaty :doubt: and therefore I can't always tell when to dab it off.

that happens to me and i made a post about it a month ago and apparenty we're the only ones. since i started the regimen i sweat very easily in the face, i'll be sitting in a warm room and just my face is sweating especially my forehead but the rest of my body is completely dry. only since i started the regimen too, it's like it makes heat just build up in my face or something. and no matter how much i moisturize, i always end up with quite a bit of dead skin cells. i dont flake at all anymore, but the dead skin becomes very obvious when my face is wet. extremely annoying.

that happens to me and i made a post about it a month ago and apparenty we're the only ones. since i started the regimen i sweat very easily in the face, i'll be sitting in a warm room and just my face is sweating especially my forehead but the rest of my body is completely dry. only since i started the regimen too, it's like it makes heat just build up in my face or something. and no matter how much i moisturize, i always end up with quite a bit of dead skin cells. i dont flake at all anymore, but the dead skin becomes very obvious when my face is wet. extremely annoying.

Hmmm.. flakeiness obvious when face is wet? My flakiness is most obvious after cleansing and waiting for about 1 minute. It just so bold and flakey! haha.

Luckily for me, it dies down and goes away after about the 5 minute mark ... until i cleanse again of course - however, eucerin has definately helped me with this.

Also, about the sweating issue .. when i feel that im sweaty, i just lightly touch my forehead (i know, bad bad) and there is no moisture, so i am starting to believe that my gel is melting and causing my hairline to feel damp. but my gel never melts ... my hair is always rigid ... but it just feels odd :doubt:

I used to see white drops of sweat when it was really hot, and it was bad. Then I discovered that it was the moisturizer I was using. I switched to Neutrogena Moisture for sensitive skin, and the "sweating out the BP" problem ended.

Your sweat glands and the oil glands are different holes, so it shouldn't matter if you sweat.

^ best moistureizer ever.