Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im going to China for two months this summer, and am quite looking forward to it. but what im really scared about is the overwhelming amount of air pollution in China. 7 of the world 10 most polluted cities are in China, and im going to the capital, Beijing, which i guess is probably the worse of all.

What i want to ask is, is there anything i can use to help protect my skin from this pollution? im affraid that the pollution will further aggrivate my acne, and the last thing i want is to flare up while im out there. any advice will be really appreciated.

hi there-

a few years ago, i went to china for about six weeks over the summer- and yes, the pollution is overwhelming (my stay was, for the majority, in shanghai, but i also was in beijing for about 1.5 weeks)- my trip was just after i cleared-up using differin (i.e. was no longer using any topicals, etc.), and luckily, i didn't have any problems as far as the skin was concerned (developing severe bronchitis for the whole trip, on the other hand, totally sucked)- it's hot and humid, so you're gonna be sweating a lot, but just stick with your regimen (which i hope/recommend includes a sunblock) and i think you will be fine- anyway, i hope that helps- have fun on the trip- it'll be intense (but completely rewarding, i'm sure)

Thanx for the replies. really appreciate them. and im glad to hear that the climate didnt effect your skin totoro, i hope the same will apply to me! i will be using sunscreen, so im sure that will be just fine.

thanks again :)

i went to china for 3 weeks 2 years ago when i was 15 with my dad & my skin actually cleared up a fair amount. i spent the whole time in shanghai & beijing, which, as cool as they might be, were REALLY polluted. i don't know if it was the change in diet or climate or just a coincidence that my skin cleared up but the pollution really didn't seem to do any harm.

stop trippin out a billion people live in china and guess what not everyone has acne. the air pollution will effect ur lungs if anything

I think that the air pollution is unlikley to have a detrimental effect on your acne. :) But anyway my brother and dad went there and they said it was amazing! I hope you have a great time!

Environmental pollution can cause damage to the skin with free radicals and oxidization. Best deterrent would be vitamin C and E. They are antioxidants and reduces free radicals. Please do your research on these product because there are many derivatives, some more unstable and expensive than others.