Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

Sink texture improvement without creams, lotions

Skin texture is a result of smoothness of the skin's surface, hydration of the skin, and the collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycan content of the skin.

To improve skin texture, no creams, moisturisers must be used.

Excercise, sleep and good food is the best solution.

After exercise have a shower.

Sweating during exercise is good.

Drink water.

Sleep well.

5-10 minutes of morning sunlight is glorious.

DO NOT BUY COSMETICS OR ACNE LOTIONS

I believe you should cleanse your self from inside & outside ,not doing both will not give you the desired results you want.

Supplementing with MSM has done a lot for my skin texture and smoothness, as well as eating the right fats. The majority of my fat intake comes from avocados, omega-3 eggs, olive oil, coconuts / coconut oil, and fish occassionally (about to start trying raw salmon). Of course, canola oil is in everything you buy at the store so it has a place in my diet too, usually from store bought salad dressings or veggie dips.

But back off my tangent, MSM is 34% sulfur, regarded as the beauty mineral. It will do amazing things as far as smooth skin, nails and hair, as well as improve recovery after workouts, improve your bone / joint health, improve liver detox, and a whole plethora of other things. I'm taking 10g a day but you have to work your way up to that much.

MSM will only boost / hasten the benefits of a healthy lifestyle with exercise and good sleep.

Supplementing with MSM has done a lot for my skin texture and smoothness, as well as eating the right fats. The majority of my fat intake comes from avocados, omega-3 eggs, olive oil, coconuts / coconut oil, and fish occassionally (about to start trying raw salmon). Of course, canola oil is in everything you buy at the store so it has a place in my diet too, usually from store bought salad dressings or veggie dips.

But back off my tangent, MSM is 34% sulfur, regarded as the beauty mineral. It will do amazing things as far as smooth skin, nails and hair, as well as improve recovery after workouts, improve your bone / joint health, improve liver detox, and a whole plethora of other things. I'm taking 10g a day but you have to work your way up to that much.

MSM will only boost / hasten the benefits of a healthy lifestyle with exercise and good sleep.

how long have you been supplementing with MSM?

at what increments did you increase your intake? (Ie +2g a week?)

how long until you saw any benefits? what specific benefits did you notice first?

where are you purchasing your supplements, what brand/etc?

answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated! :o

I've been supplementing with MSM for maybe a week and a half now. I actually took it a while ago and then stopped, and started back up right at 10+ grams a day. It can give you detox effects, though. Mainly, you may notice more bowel movements and some gas. I saw benefits in the first 5 days of doing 10g. This includes not only softer skin and hair, but also increased energy, no muscle soreness (exercised 3 hours today with not a hint of soreness actually!), and more energy when I wake up. I do supplement with other things and eat a relatively healthy diet with some binging on the sweets though, so that could be assisiting in the effect. But I think MSM plays a large role. I purchase my MSM at New Seasons Market which is only in my state. I use Jarrow, it's the cheapest I've found (200grams for like 12 bucks). I've heard of people curing themselves of acne on this supplement alone so that's what got me to start taking it again in large amounts. Even if it did nothing for my skin, I'd still take it for the energy and no soreness after exercise! Hope that helps.