Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ErynG54

WHAT happened to my FACE???

I posted earlier about using too much BP at the start of the regimen. I was using Spectro BP for a long time, and only at night. I switched over to Dan's BP last week but started with too much and my skin got flakey today. Anyways, so I decided just to moisturize for a couple days and then start the regimen again. Before I went to bed tonight I used nutrogena oil free moisture, which I've used for a long time, but which I dont really like because it leaves me really greasy. I do know that it has worked in the past when I've had really flaky skin so i put some one. I THEN FOR SOME STUPID STUPID reason also put on some of Aveenos ultra-calming moisturizing cream. Well, i just woke up to use the bathroom and i looked in the mirror and i have dozens of little pimple type things all over my face! Either that or it's some sort of rash. I am freaking out right now. Did the combination of these two create a breakout? Or maybe a rash?? I dont know how I am going to go to work today :(:( AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hum erin that sounds rather strange

it could be a combination of the products you used..

or it could be simply that your skin was overly dry, because thats what happened to me when i overly dryed out my skin.

my face broke out like a BADMAN! hehe.

id give bp a rest 2night and just have a nice soothing bath and then moisturise for your sleep and see if your face calms down a bit.

an be strong about work. im terrible because i always pull sickies if i feel my face looks shite.

but you shouldnt!

:D

good luck love, we wil think of you x

Eryn, maybe just cleanse and let your skin alone for the next night and morning. Sounds like either the combo of moisturizers or one in particular was the problem. But for now I would not use anything except a mild cleanser for a day or so, then when you begin again, start out with a teeny amount of bp and only use one moisturizer (perhaps one you have used before without known difficulties).

Let us know how you are doing in a day or so.

Yes I think it was probably the two moisturizers....i'll admit that wasn't the smartest move :redface: . I can't seem to find a moisturizer that works well for me though. I have the wierdest skin...it's oily, yet dry and flaky...in the same places!!!! It's also super sensitive. Let me try to explain this: It's not like I have some places of my face that are oily and others that are dry.....I can have oil coming through and have flakes over top of the oil! I don't know if that makes any sense at all. I've used Nuetrogena Sensitive Oil Free Moisture for a long time but it makes my face extremely oily and shiny. It does seem to moisturize the flakes alright most of the time though. I tried using Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizing cream, and while it does not make my face as oily, it also does not seem to moisturize enough. I truly have the strangest skin ever.

Thanks guys and girls for your responses...I am so glad I found this place. It's so nice to finally have people to discuss these things with. The down side is that I think I am becoming addicted to this board and it's making me become even more preoccupied with my face!! haha

Eryn, what you are describing does make sense. Even oily skin can be dehydrated. It is the water content in the cells that determines the hydration status of your skin, not how much oil is on your skin. So it is very possible for oily skin to be dry (dehydrated).

What cleanser are you using? Do be sure you are using something gentle and unmedicated.

Hey Brandy. Thanks for the info! Do you know what the best type of moisturizer is to treat this type of skin? My skin does look pretty dehydrated. I drink a lot of water though...usually 8 glasses a day. Maybe I should start drinking even more...

I am currently using Aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser...I just started using it last week.

I see you are in Canada.

See if you can get the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief face cream with 5% Urea.

most people who use it absolutely love it!

I see you are in Canada.

See if you can get the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief face cream with 5% Urea.

most people who use it absolutely love it!

5% Urea? I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want pee in any products I use for the regimen.

Ya I've seen that moisturizer mentioned a lot before. I will look for it tomorrow! Dumb question...but what is Urea??