Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unkn0wnmale

Post your needling downtime.

I would like to know what you peoples downtimes are for self neeedling. I really wanna do it but i have dentist appointments, final exams and a few family things to go to and i really wanna do this. I have heard 5 days and the redness is gone but when i get a breakout... sometimes the red mark from pimple stays on my face for months. Is this the same thing? Will my whole face be messed up if i needle it all ?

also... what happens if you accidently needle a spot that doesnt need it.. will that raise above skin level? will i have a lump there ?

Why don't you just try and needle one scar to find out? The redness shouldn't last any longer than a week or two depending on your skin color.

I usually have redness for the first 5 days, fading very quickly. By day 6, it is almost undetectable. I actually use a concealer the first 4 days or so to hide the red spots and it works pretty well. Try one spot and see how you react and how long it takes to heal..

Sean..

I would agree with the 5 days estimates, although I felt able to go out without feeling uncomfortable after 3.

There is some slight residual redness, but not the same as with active acne spots. I would say this redness had totally subsided within 2 weeks.

Agreed. If you do it like the ENTIRE face... you are going to be more red than if you concentrate on one area a week or something like that.

I needled my LEFT TEMPLE ONLY and it was red there for 3-4 days pretty bad.. but the 5th day it was completely gone. My GF couldn't even tell I did anything to the area on the 5th day.

Unknown, i've answered your question like 4 times now buddy!

If your scars are still read, you MUST NOT needel them or do another surgery like laser. Red scars means that the skin is healing, the skin is working. If you damage it, you make it 100% WORSE!

Dont ignore this matter of fact, I know it isnt easy to be patient, but you have no choice.

Needling may only be done on old scars (2 years or longer). If your derm says sth else, leave him, because he gives a &/() about you and only want to make some money with surgery on you.

If your scars are still read, you MUST NOT needel them or do another surgery like laser. Red scars means that the skin is healing, the skin is working. If you damage it, you make it 100% WORSE!

Dont ignore this matter of fact, I know it isnt easy to be patient, but you have no choice.

Needling may only be done on old scars (2 years or longer). If your derm says sth else, leave him, because he gives a &/() about you and only want to make some money with surgery on you.

Thanks for that advice. I still have red inside my shallow indented scars and I was going to go ahead and needle them.

Why do you say it can be only done to old scars? is 6months-1yr sufficient time?