Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PJS

Today is NOT my day for acne

Yesterday I thought it was starting to work... but then...I got up this morning, and began to "walk the plank" to the mirror as usual, expecting to see even greater results than yesterday, but NO, worse! Much, much more worse! 5 new disgusting yellow heads were showing, three were clustered right next to each other, which from a distance (yes I look at my face from different views) looked like one massive grotesque creature growing on my face! Usually I get upset when I breakout but this time I was pissed. I followed through with the regimen this morning, cleansed, BPed, moisturized. tonight I think I'm gonna take a break on the BP. I'll just cleanse and moisturize. I really think I have been using too much BP. I was considering increasing the dosage yesterday. but now I'm thinking I should take a break on the BP altogether. I might try some of the teas and oils I've read about in the other forum which claim to help a lot. i just hate ordering stuff and waiting.

:cry:

How long have you been on the Regimen? The best advise anyone can offer is persistance. It's rough times when you begin something new, expecting the best, and it just doesn't happen for you right away. It's a tough battle, but you can't give up. The Regimen is awesome, and something that can help EVERYONE. Just don't give up. Continue the Regimen, watch the Videos and ensure you are doing everything correctly, and in time, you should see improvement.

http://www.acne.org/video.html

I don't think you should take a break from the BP if you have more acne for whatever reason. Some people need to take breaks if their skin is really sensitive and they get really red and flaky, but if your skin is otherwise fine aside from the new pimples, I say keep going with the BP. Acne that is surfacing now probably started forming a couple of weeks ago, which is why people don't stop breaking out until they've been using the full amount of BP for a while in general. If BP isn't killing your skin in any dryness/irritation way, then using more now will result in clearer skin in a couple of weeks since you will have killed off the bacteria that would have cause pimples. Just stick with it!

same happened to me~1st day nice improvement but the next...Horrible like never before breakout-my acne is really mild so i decided to use BP only if i have unexpected breakouts,otherwise now i want my skin back ,like it was pre BP)still kinda thankful that it got all those hidden spots to show up,its like 3 weeks left before my holiday so i hope my skin calms down a bit(it already did-just 4 new redmarks)from now on only neutrogena SA moisturaizer for me)

its not going to solve your problems right away. when i first started the regimen, i was still getting bad acne, sometimes even worse, but eventually it died down. you just have to keep going through, and doing the regimen the way youre supposed to.