Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

New CSR Cleanser!

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is an irritating ingridient

brandy, why is this ingridient in the cleanser?

You would have to ask Dan about that. But it is in nearly all cleansers, a very very common ingredient. Most people tolerate it just fine.

most cleansers have sls in them. while they can be irritating, it all can depend on the amount that is actually in the product. i'm sure dan was very cautious about this. i tried finding a cleanser without sls once and when i did, it dried the hell out of my face, so i'm not bothered by it being in there. but you don't have to use it if it bothers you.

agree ^

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is an irritating ingridient

brandy, why is this ingridient in the cleanser?

You would have to ask Dan about that. But it is in nearly all cleansers, a very very common ingredient. Most people tolerate it just fine.

most cleansers have sls in them. while they can be irritating, it all can depend on the amount that is actually in the product. i'm sure dan was very cautious about this. i tried finding a cleanser without sls once and when i did, it dried the hell out of my face, so i'm not bothered by it being in there. but you don't have to use it if it bothers you.

agree ^

no, most cleansers have sodium laurel sulfate in them. sodium lauryl sulfate is different.

http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw198990.asp

The cleanser has a long list of ingredients because you have to mix many sulfactants in order to achieve an exact pH. Achieving the same pH as our skin (5.5ish) means the cleanser won't overdry the skin. It keeps your skin at the same pH as before you washed.

Also, when I print more labels, I'm going to mention that this is good for the whole body. I've been using it everywhere and it's a very nice body wash.

The cleanser has a long list of ingredients because you have to mix many sulfactants in order to achieve an exact pH. Achieving the same pH as our skin (5.5ish) means the cleanser won't overdry the skin. It keeps your skin at the same pH as before you washed.

Also, when I print more labels, I'm going to mention that this is good for the whole body. I've been using it everywhere and it's a very nice body wash.

Nice one! ;)

Question answered.. thanks Dan. Looking forward to it.

Well done dan and everyone that made the cleanser possible I cant wait to get it, so when is the release date so I can count down the days

Well done dan and everyone that made the cleanser possible I cant wait to get it, so when is the release date so I can count down the days

:wacko: not sure yet. brandy might know she is far wiser than me hehe :dance::dance::dance:

no, I don't know either. I don't think even Dan is 100% positive when it will be available to order yet. I'm sure he will make a big announcement when it is ready to go!

arrrny,

It says here in this product description that Cetaphil is pH balanced. I have to disagree with the "works well for makeup removal" claim though. I tried it and it did not remove makeup and left an icky film. Personally, I did not like Cetaphil at all.

Product Description

Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser works well as part of a skin care regimen to control dryness associated with topical acne medications and skin rejuvenating wrinkle products. Originally formulated for dermatologists, Cetaphil Gentle Liquid Cleanser is designed specifically for dry, sensitive skin. Unlike harsh alkaline soaps, it won't irritate and will not strip the skin of natural protective oils. pH balanced, it is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it an excellent choice for daily facial cleansing. Also works well for makeup removal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Label Information

Ingredients

water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben

oh well i was j/w anyways.. im not to worried about it cuz it doesnt dry me out or anything so whatver.. but brandy i do have another question.. sometimes at lunch at school i play some sports for fun and i sweat just a tiny but and i dab it with tissue.. is that just sweat or is the BP coming out with the sweat and nothing is in there to kill the bacteria anymore.. thx

Some people notice a bit of "white" stuff coming out with the sweat, that is likely a bit of bp and a bit of moisturizer. I doubt your skin is left high and dry without any bp, because the majority of it is absorbed deep into your pores when you put it on.

alright thx alot Brandy.. thats clears up alot of confusion with me.. cuz everytime i did sweat i was worried all the BP was coming out.. but hey why does BP work very well at the 12 hour mark?

I"m not sure what you're asking really, except I think you are asking about the other thread that was talking about what is the best time span to apply bp. And we had said ideally that 12 hours, simply because you are on a 24 hr. day, and applying it twice a day, so probably ideally every twelve hours would be good, but honestly, in practice I have not found it to matter a whole lot. There are days I do the Reg. at 7am and 10pm and other days I don't do it until 10am, and then again sometime that evening. I don't think it really matters much as long as you are using it twice a day.

alright sounds good.. yeah i thought you guys were saying that BP gets down real deep into your pores and kills bacteria even more when 12 horus is up? but yeah i read it wrong and now i get waht your saying.. thx alot

Im really excited because I use cetaphil gentle cleanser and although my skin does not react poorly to it at all, i feel like it does not remove my makeup. I tried other cleansers but have found them too drying. this sounds like a great solution! oh and as for the sodium lauryl sulfate question, i think it is very important to note that it is not in the beginning of the ingredients and since ingredients are listed in order of amount from greatest to least, there is probably not too much in it. Sodium lauryl sulfate is fourth on the cetaphil gentle cleanser ingredients and i have heard very few complaints that cetaphil is irritating (although almost everyone complains that it doesnt lather or take off makeup.

anyway, i am just sooo excited about the new cleanser and cannot wait for the new moisturizer!

how much will this be?

from what i know (which isnt that much on this product im affraid)

but i dont know how much it wil be

i presume the price will be "very reasonable" hehe

It costs me more to make than the BP because it's so gigantic, but I'm going to price it as low as I can. I'm going to try to keep the cost down at $10.50 or so, but I'm not positive yet.

Wow that is pretty dam cheap still.. im pretty sure people would still by it if you put it up to 15 even .. but yeah keep up the good work Dan.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I don't do the CSR but i'll probably try out this stuff soon enough. The cleanser and moist that is.