Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there,

I was on accutane 2 years ago and although I had to take it for longer than they thought I would, it did work. Now my acne has started to come back, although no where near as bad. I went to the dermotoligist and she gave me another course. I said I really really didn't want the side effects again so she put me on a lower dosage (20 mg) and said it would probably stop them. Now I'm not sure if I should take it at all. I want perfect skin and I thought it would be better to get my course out of the way before I finish school. But on the other hand, it's my last year at school and at the moment, my skin (w/o treatment) looks better than it did when I had the side effects on the first course. I can handle the nose bleeds, sore back etc but it's the red face and scabs I got round the mouth that I can't. I don't know what to do! Should I just go on the treatment anyway and stop if the side effects get too much to handle? Or what? The other thing is considering going on a oral contraceptive. I didn't think my skin was cycle related, but now I'm not sure...

Help!

Lucy

Hey Lucy! I totally know how you feel! I am taking my 2nd course right now 1 month into it. And to think that my whole summer would be ruined while on accutane really upset me. I also have 1 year left of college, and as of now its really hard because all of my friends are out partying and drinking i feel like such an outcast. BUT I also feel like an outcast with acne. Even though its not nearly as bad as it was before, i got used to having nice skin and now i guess you could say im spoiled :angel:

Anyways my point is, theres never going to be a "great" time to have scabs or chapped lips. I mean think about it, when you graduate from school, you will want to look for a job or go further in life right? Well then that wont be a good time either. I think you should just suck it up and get it done, the sooner you do, the sooner youll have clear skin again :D And you derm is right 20 mg is not alot and you may not even experience many side effects.

Hope I helped! :cool: