Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I seem to have sprouted what I am pretty sure is the largest zit ever found on a human face right in the middle of my forehead. It is absolutely huge and I'm not too sure how I'm going to face going to work in the morning. :cry: It is red, inflamed and has a whitehead in the middle. I just want the redness and inflamation to go down! Do any of these methods actually work?:

aspirin mask (spot treat just the pimple)

taking aspirin (to reduce inflamation)

ice

warm compress

visine

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

If you can get it, prednisone or any form of corticosteroid will make it go right away. You're only going to get a prescription for it if you have widespread inflammation, though, usually from allergies or asthma. That's usually how I end up being prescribed. Don't OD on over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pills, though, because they can really weaken your immune system. I did that and ended up with pneumonia. Aspirin won't do that, but I also don't think it will do jack for an inflamed cyst, either.

My chin is sporting a similar spot at this moment....

I think taking aspirin can reduce inflammation (can't really hurt to try?), I have also had the aspirin mask used as a spot treat help to reduce inflammation. I usually leave it on for about 20 min. Its not a miracle treatment, but it does help a little bit.

I've tried ice - its never done much to reduce swelling as far as I can tell (other people says this works for them).

I think a warm compress will help bring it to a head faster - and thus it may get rid of it a little quicker, I don't know if it will help inflammation though.

You might also try neosporin cream - I've found that a few applications of this (or other topical antibiotic) can help reduce swelling over time. If you try the neosporin, make sure you get the cream and not the gel.

No idea on the visine.

a pharmacist said that visine can work but i would advise against it as it seems to have a bounce back effect and thats no good.

take the ibuprofin/asprin. i find it DOES help and at worst it can help with the pain.

take some comfort in that it has a head....i would be more concerned if it doesn't. because a whitehead has formed your body is already trying to get the pus and other crap clogging it OUT. so its already trying to heal.

when you can, get to a derm and they can inject it with a cortecosteroid to bring it down the rest of the way but seriously, you ARE healing.

i know your pain. i once had 2 right on my forehead and i swear i felt like i had little horns. but once you know its healing (and i just confirmed it is!) than you know it will be gone soon so hopefully that helps make things easier.

take comfort!

Well, I had an inflamed pimple last month and my mother in law spot treated it with aspirin pain reliever cream and the next day I was surprised it had already calmed down.

"What is big, red, and scary, and smack dab in the middle of my forehead???"

a penis LOLZ!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"What is big, red, and scary, and smack dab in the middle of my forehead???"

a penis LOLZ!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:D