Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My question is "does BP draw a whitehead to the surface of the skin faster than not using it at all?" I know BP dries out the skin, but if i simply spot treat a whitehead with it will it pull it to the surface so that i can get rid of the whitehead. Please respond. Thanks.

ok nevermind. i didnt know everyone on this site was so worthless

Whoa buddy, sorry we didn't reply in a timely fashion. Haha. How about a hug?

Benzoyl peroxide doesn't draw anything to the surface, it is absorbed into the skin and kills the bacteria that are in clogged pores. This will eventually reduce the size of whiteheads. If your whiteheads are too large and noticeable, do the following to drain them:

1. Take a somewhat thin needle and use a match/lighter to burn a bit of the end of it in order to sterilize it of any bacteria. Let it cool down for about ten seconds or so.

2. Take the end of the needle and poke the top of the whitehead one good time (not hard of course).

3. Take your fingers and pull on the edges so that the sebum is pushed outward. You can push inward, but this can cause some sebum to go further down. I am not sure if shearing is tremendously better, but I don't think it would cause sebum to go down further into the pore.

4. Drain only a bit of the sebum; at the first sign of blood, stop! You don't want acne to get in your bloodstream and be possibly transmitted to other parts of your face and body and cause problems. Take a cotton pad or tissue paper and pat off some of the blood and then leave it on there so a blood clot forms. You may consider putting a small bit of hydrogen peroxide on that tissue paper to kill any bacteria that will try to get in. It may burn a bit.

If you have anymore questions, please reply or personal message me! I am sorry we didn't reply soon enough. Have a wonderful day! ;)

, John

PS: Furthermore, if you do not think I responded adequately to your question, please let me know and tell me if I should elaborate on something.

"ok nevermind. i didnt know everyone on this site was so worthless"

that was a pretty dick thing to say... :naughty:

yeah, the asshole doesnt even deserve an answer.

I can see where you are coming from and thought it definitely was rude, but I don't want to assume that his day isn't causing him to be cranky or something else. Never know what is going on in someone's life. So yes, it was rude, but I didn't mind too much giving an answer. Continued rudeness would definitely resort in me not giving an answer, though.

John, i really appreciate your reply. The reason i said that nasty remark was because i noticed there were about 15 views and no responses and yes i was in a pissed off mood earlier. It did however provoke responses =), even though it was an immature comment. Im sorry to everyone and hope no one holds a grudge. Best wishes!

John, i really appreciate your reply. The reason i said that nasty remark was because i noticed there were about 15 views and no responses and yes i was in a pissed off mood earlier. It did however provoke responses =), even though it was an immature comment. Im sorry to everyone and hope no one holds a grudge. Best wishes!

No problem! I sometimes get frustrated when people view and do not reply, but then you have to know that some people may have the same question or simply do not know an answer right away. It's good that you made this post so that people know you aren't always like that. Haha. Have a good one.

, John

if you mean a whitehead as in just a bump under your skin that is the same color as your skin, not inflammed or anyhting (some people have differn't ideas) then no bp doesn't do anything for those...if anytjing it will dry the skin out and make it hard fore the crap in it to come out.that wsa my problem awhile back, once i kept the area moisturized i was able to squeeze the crap out after about two weeks.give that a try.