Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desperatehope

Anyone have past experiences with a filler called Restylene?

Anyone would like to share their experiences with this temporary filler?

Pictures of before and after would be awesome.

Was wondering if it really "hides" those indent acne scars.

I never had before or after pictures taken, sorry to say. My derm overfilled my scars in about 6 places about 2 years ago, and I'm still waiting for 2 or 3 of them to go down. 6 Fraxel treatments helped somewhat, but in some spots it looks like I have cystic acne with no redness!! Beware of doctors who don't know what the hell they're doing.

I never had before or after pictures taken, sorry to say. My derm overfilled my scars in about 6 places about 2 years ago, and I'm still waiting for 2 or 3 of them to go down. 6 Fraxel treatments helped somewhat, but in some spots it looks like I have cystic acne with no redness!! Beware of doctors who don't know what the hell they're doing.

So I guess that means it works? but just be wary of who you have doing it

I thought Restalyne was temporary. I'm surprised that the places where your derm overfilled are still bumpy. Does that mean that Restalyne might last longer than what they say it does in some cases?

i think that the bupiness may be from collagen over stimulation??? to my knowledge ppl usually have a steriod injection to disolve any persistant bump(s)..is that correct?

it worked good on the indented scras but no good on the ice pick ones. It lasted about 6 months for me 2, i got it done last summer in Vancouver,B.C and the doctor knew what she was doing.

I thought Restalyne was temporary. I'm surprised that the places where your derm overfilled are still bumpy. Does that mean that Restalyne might last longer than what they say it does in some cases?

I had it done when it was first approved, and I think I was one of her first patients. She told me that some of the Restylane might last a lot longer than they said it would. I wasn't happy with it at all. It might have worked better if I had someone who knew how to inject it. My current dermatologist said you always inject the least amount possible. I would rather have lived with the indents than these huge lumps.

i think that the bupiness may be from collagen over stimulation??? to my knowledge ppl usually have a steriod injection to disolve any persistant bump(s)..is that correct?

It wasn't collagen over stimulation. It was just too much Restylane there.

i inject Restylane myself, it worked out really well, but ony lasts around 2 months for me.

where did you get restylane to inject yourself. was it safe? good results?

I was one of the VERY RARE cases that had a reaction to the Restylane, BOTH times I had it. After it was injected it got really hard and bumpy (swollen) and stayed like that until my body got rid of it all. My body did not like Restylane and I'm suprised that they don't do reaction testing for it like they do for collagen. Just be aware that it's only like a 0.05% chance it will happen to you, but that it can, even though they will tell you it can't.