Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea1117

zithromax& initial breakouts

okay im sooo confused here.

i was on minocycline 200 mg/day for maybe a year and that kept my skin under control until recently. my derm said i mustve developed a resistance. when i started using the minocycline, i got no initial breakout and results were pretty quick.

about 2 weeks ago my derm prescribed 250 mg azythromycin (generic zithromax)/day and my skin has never looked so gross. im getting zits everywhere where i normally dont and stuff.

my derm said this was normal/something about an initial breakout. i didnt think this was possible. she said i should wait 8 weeks for results. that seems a lot longer than the minocycline.

is this breakout maybe my skin coming off minocycline? or can you really get initial breakouts?

and what am i supposed to do in the mean time?

anyone else on zithromax?

hey Im currently on minocycline but since theirs resistance, Im also going on zithro. Im getting it tomorrow. Im also scared that I'd have a big initial breakout. If the initial break out lasts more than a week, somethings wrong. Usually for anibiotics the effects should take place almost immediately, within the first week or so.

hey Im currently on minocycline but since theirs resistance, Im also going on zithro. Im getting it tomorrow. Im also scared that I'd have a big initial breakout. If the initial break out lasts more than a week, somethings wrong. Usually for anibiotics the effects should take place almost immediately, within the first week or so.

hmm. i'll let you know how mine goes.

right now its pretty miserable.

little bumps everywhere.

its kinda getting a little better i guess. w/e. *knocks on wood*