Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Crap texture

My scars are all quite shallow but sometimes i really wish i just had a few big ones which could be dealt with - instead of just hundreds of little ones that i don't know what to do about. The scars are mostly too small to needle and i'm afraid tca might just make them deeper. Ideally something like a peel or a topical which covered my whole face would be good, but when i tried glycolic peels it just seemed to made the shallow scars deeper and the scarred pores worse.

I am fed up of this crap skin...

Has anyone EVER had peels make their scars vanish??

I hear you! My skin is the same way with small shallow scars and enlarged/scarred pores that seem too small for the aggressive treatments in that they might become worse. However, I have had the darndest time getting rid of these with the less invasive treatments such as peels and topicals. I had a series of glycolic peels last summer (2 @ 20%, 4 @ 30%, all spaced one week apart) along with sessions of the Lightwandz tool which is a near infrared light wand that supposedly helps stimulate collagen. My skin looked pretty good at the end of those treatments but I didn't follow up with the maintenance which was supposed to be about once a month. I thought I could maintain the results with Retin-A but my skin slowly deteriorated again. Now I'm starting another set of peels, the Vitalize Peel by Skin Medica at my dermatologist office. I've had one so far with no results but am hoping that with 3-6 peels I might see a small difference.

I did 6 glycolic peels last summer, 3 at 30%, 3 at 50%, they just made my scars deeper :( So frustrating!

That's pretty much my scars in a nutshell. I have three small, shallow ones on my temple and I don't want to risk them getting deeper by putting TCA Cross on it (and having it spill outside the scars). Haven't tried peels yet, but I shall if I don't find a better alternative.

That's pretty much my scars in a nutshell. I have three small, shallow ones on my temple and I don't want to risk them getting deeper by putting TCA Cross on it (and having it spill outside the scars). Haven't tried peels yet, but I shall if I don't find a better alternative.

This is just what I have been thinking this morning that i have all these small scars that TCA cross could just make worse that is why I thought a full face peel like exoderm was going to greatly improve my skin but it just made it worse. Obagi nuderm with o.1% retin a is helping a bit. I am considering low dose accutane to see if if refines my pores but I am pathetically holding out for isologen which seems like the only safe promising treatment at the moment.

Isologen is partly n-lite treatment isn't it? I had a couple of n-lite treatments last year, they did very little, just seemed to temporarily plump up the skin slightly.

Isologen is partly n-lite treatment isn't it? I had a couple of n-lite treatments last year, they did very little, just seemed to temporarily plump up the skin slightly.

DR. Chu uses nlite to top off his isologen with subcision. I dont think the nlite is effective by itself. Zombie is currently getting isologen and subcision on her scars with Dr. Chu in London and so far her improvements in rolling scars look very good.

But my impression is that subscision is only done on larger scars - not much use when your scars are individually small but LOADS of them

Have you considered Fraxel? I have never tried peels, but it never made sense that they would improve scarring to me. I'm going to a large Laser Center that has many lasers, but the lead doc says that Fraxel is the best for acne scars. My scarring is shallow and I see subtle improvement, after 2 of my 4 treatments, especially on shallow scars. It also tightens skin, but I am not sure how long this lasts.

Have you considered Fraxel? I have never tried peels, but it never made sense that they would improve scarring to me. I'm going to a large Laser Center that has many lasers, but the lead doc says that Fraxel is the best for acne scars. My scarring is shallow and I see subtle improvement, after 2 of my 4 treatments, especially on shallow scars. It also tightens skin, but I am not sure how long this lasts.

I'm considering Fraxel for my small scars and overall skin texture but keep wondering if once the Fraxel is done and even if my skin texture is improved, I feel like whatever is causing my skin texture to be coarse and uneven will just eventually show up again. I understand how Fraxel can work on scars that have been there all along but I seem to keep getting new small scars (small in diameter, and shallow) even though I no longer have breakouts. I know this is most probably due to aging and loss of collagen and having had acne in my teens (I'm now 36) but I wonder at what point I'll stop seeing new "dings" show up out of the blue. Anyone have this kind of skin?

I did 6 glycolic peels last summer, 3 at 30%, 3 at 50%, they just made my scars deeper :( So frustrating!

Did the peels make your skin look better at any point at all? Or did you not see any improvements at all even during treatments and then ultimately realized they made things worse? I'm just wondering if I should continue with my peels.