Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justjill

Recommendations and Help, Please!

So...here is my gross skin....I don't usually have active acne anymore, but this has been a tough month and has brought my appearance to the forefront of my thoughts.

What type of scars do I have? Is there anything that will help with them? I have tried microderm, retin A and tazorac - nada.

Am I good candidate for TCA Cross?

And, what about the hyperpigmentation/freckels? I used Obagi once - it helped a bit...but had to stop due to pregnancy.

What do you suggest for me? Presently, I am trying the CSR to get rid of the breakout. I am even more down after seeing the photos of my skin - yuck!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=2933 I think this will take you to the gallery for my JustJill album - hope it worked!

Am I good candidate for TCA Cross?

And, what about the hyperpigmentation/freckels? I used Obagi once - it helped a bit...but had to stop due to pregnancy.

What do you suggest for me? Presently, I am trying the CSR to get rid of the breakout. I am even more down after seeing the photos of my skin - yuck!

You look like a perfectly good candidate for cross. The scars seem fairly well-defined, either ice picks or boxcars, but tough to tell exactly with the blurriness. It'll work fine on either type of scar. Can't tell you what to do about the freckles, except to say, well, they're freckles. Even if you have hyperpigmented scars, from here they don't look much different and there is nothing wrong with having freckles. If the hyperpigmentation is within an indented scar, though, cross will lighten it. You won't really see in my gallery, but I had one very dark scar on my forehead that has significantly lightened. Don't use BP on any skin you treat, though. I'd stop at least a week before and not resume until at least a month after (if you choose to do cross, that means you'll just be doing the next treatment, so you'll have to stop for a while).

Thanks to all. I have the 100% for the cross...I am just afraid of red marks. Once I get up my courage maybe I will try it.

You can cover the redness with mineral makeup after the scab falls off.

The downtime is not so bad if you do just a few at a time.

Just try it on one scar to see how it responds. If your skin is too sensitiv and the downtime significant, you can start out at 50% and build your way up if the results aren't satisfactory.