Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried this cream for broken capillaries and red areas on the face?

"Even out the appearance of broken capillaries in just weeks! A comprehensive face cream containing Vitamin K and other beneficial actives to diminish the appearance of broken capillaries,and other blemishes on the skin’s surface.

Based on cutting edge formulas developed by top plastic and cosmetic surgeons in France and the United States, Capillary Clear has the potential application for many cosmetic dermatological conditions other than broken capillaries including age related purpura, rosacea, inflame' skin following chemical skin peels or post operative bruising. "

Am thinking of buying - has anyone else had any experiences with it?

P.s, here's the link:

http://www.bbtuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=59

From what I have read, these kinds of products do not have any long-lasting impact on broken capillaries. I don't know about its usefulness for the other problems it claims to help. The only way to really get rid of broken capillaries is laser treatment - which is very effective.

I tried it a couple of years ago. Back then on the box it came in, it said to use it in conjunction with hot towels. Against my better judgement I followed this instruction and after a couple of months my redness and capillaries were worse. It also gave me more pimples. The reason I kept on was I tried to believe it must be bringing it all to the surface or something. I also read some capillaries can seem to appear darker initially because they stand out more as other redness fades but I developed new patches as well. There is no mention of hot towels on their newer labels, so if I’d used it more recently I would have been able to give some kind of feedback of the actual product instead of the hot water damage. Hot water and constant picking when younger was what gave me what redness I already had in the first place. Hot water compresses were even hotter and I’d used them twice daily as instructed.

In desperation I tried the other Skin Doctors product Vein away plus (which is targeted for legs) on my face with barely warm water about a year later and it brought me out in almost like a cold sore rash. Capillary Clear does seem to have some decent ingredients but others it doesn’t mention on the link may break you out like many creams. It doesn’t say what % K1 it contains either. The few with 5% or more state it in their advertising but not sure exactly what % is supposed to make a difference if any. I’ve read of the odd person getting substantial improvement in their broken capillaries and redness from K creams but they don’t work for everyone. Maybe some work better than others too but it’s anyone’s guess which ones do.

As far as for capillaries I’m not sure about laser always being permanent either, seeing as when I had a v-beam the Dr said even if I saw good results I may find the redness in the capillaries coming back after a couple of years and require another treatment. I have heard of this with some stubborn IPL cases too where people had to have annual maintenance top ups, so some people report they don’t come back while others do.

I was experimenting with making my own K cream but ended up discontinuing my first batch after discovering it was the rice flour in the K1 capsules (highest strength I could find) and not the powdered K that felt very grainy on my skin. I also found out that K1 apparently dissolves in lipids. Anyway I’m going to try order some other K and ingredients to make up a new cream and use it with the dermaroller again for the extra penetration. To address other skin issues I will either be having a light erbium or fairly deep peel early July which tends to exacerbate redness so will commence using the cream after then.

I tried it a couple of years ago. Back then on the box it came in, it said to use it in conjunction with hot towels. Against my better judgement I followed this instruction and after a couple of months my redness and capillaries were worse. It also gave me more pimples. The reason I kept on was I tried to believe it must be bringing it all to the surface or something. I also read some capillaries can seem to appear darker initially because they stand out more as other redness fades but I developed new patches as well. There is no mention of hot towels on their newer labels, so if I’d used it more recently I would have been able to give some kind of feedback of the actual product instead of the hot water damage. Hot water and constant picking when younger was what gave me what redness I already had in the first place. Hot water compresses were even hotter and I’d used them twice daily as instructed.

In desperation I tried the other Skin Doctors product Vein away plus (which is targeted for legs) on my face with barely warm water about a year later and it brought me out in almost like a cold sore rash. Capillary Clear does seem to have some decent ingredients but others it doesn’t mention on the link may break you out like many creams. It doesn’t say what % K1 it contains either. The few with 5% or more state it in their advertising but not sure exactly what % is supposed to make a difference if any. I’ve read of the odd person getting substantial improvement in their broken capillaries and redness from K creams but they don’t work for everyone. Maybe some work better than others too but it’s anyone’s guess which ones do.

As far as for capillaries I’m not sure about laser always being permanent either, seeing as when I had a v-beam the Dr said even if I saw good results I may find the redness in the capillaries coming back after a couple of years and require another treatment. I have heard of this with some stubborn IPL cases too where people had to have annual maintenance top ups, so some people report they don’t come back while others do.

I was experimenting with making my own K cream but ended up discontinuing my first batch after discovering it was the rice flour in the K1 capsules (highest strength I could find) and not the powdered K that felt very grainy on my skin. I also found out that K1 apparently dissolves in lipids. Anyway I’m going to try order some other K and ingredients to make up a new cream and use it with the dermaroller again for the extra penetration. To address other skin issues I will either be having a light erbium or fairly deep peel early July which tends to exacerbate redness so will commence using the cream after then.

they almost always fade in time.. so time is permanent.

they almost always fade in time.. so time is permanent.

Capillaries, or red marks in general?

red marks resulting from acne, people who say they wont fade are idiots..

I don’t actually have any red marks from acne. My redness is all superficial and background capillary damage.