Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris1982

DIET AND ACNE - THE TRUTH

I'm not trying to be an ass...but I'm just trying to put an end to the theory of diet and acne, and everyone's posts entitled "_____ causes acne".

Everyone's skin reacts different to different things. No one fully understands why and how acne is caused and what affects it and makes it worse or better. One thing may cause someone to break out, and no one else. It may just be fluke, or it may be fact, but there is no direct co-relation between any type of food or drink and acne.

There are many theories, and some foods MAY make your horomone levels jump, and make u break out more, but it may not have the same effect on anyone else.

My only advise is do what works for you, if you find a certain food makes you break out, don't eat it. But having these posts in here about food breaking you out, just aren't justified. Coincidence, environment, horomones, temperature, ANYTHING can play a factor in acne. So we should put to rest all posts and theories of certain foods causing acne for certain people.

Just my 2 cents.

Very good post. I think alot of people cause themselves alot of mental anguish by trying to follow those acne diets. If you tried to follow all of the advice on the web about what to cut out you'd probably die of starvation before fixing your acne.

Absolutely, 100%, without a doubt correct. Please stop wasting all that time and space posting about a million different things that cause acne, because the point is, just because something causes acne for YOU doesnt mean it does for anyone else. I mean, to be honest, nothing I eat or drink affects my skin. So everyone that keeps telling me that if I stop eating sugar, or grains, or dairy, my skin will be clear are all full of crap. If it works for you, great, but its not going to work for everyone.

I would rather change the food I eat than dumping a bunch of chemicals on my face. Eating healthier food is not only a benefit to my skin but also my Body and mind.

PS. The last time I ate mcdonalds/aka/Mcshit was 2 years ago. I had major acne for a week. I neve made that mistake again. lol

Once again, to re-state my point. Everyone is affected by different things. We do not want posts saying "McDonalds causes acne", this may be true for you, but not everyone, therefor is NO help to anyone here.

Agreed. You would think this would be common sense by now. People are different...NO WAY!! We all react differently and no one person's situation is exactly the same, yet people persist in posting stuff like:

"Fools!!!You use acne products when diet is the true answer!!"

and

"Fools!!!!Diet is all a myth and Placebo, it has absolutely no effect!!""

And just as soon as things die down and become calm.....BAM....."Masturbation is the true cause of acne and you are all in denial!!!1" Ya just can't win...

Haha, so true. And so sad. Dont we have better things to do than argue with someone else over what works for THEM? I mean, seriously, its like we are all 12 years old here! Come on, Rainz, lets be realistic... if not eating McDonald's keeps you clear, then good for you! Dont eat it. But for me, it makes no freakin difference. Get it? The point is, we need to stop preaching and bickering over something that is really going to affect each and every one of us differently. And, everyone, please search this site before posting things you have found to clear your skin, because chances are there are a million other threads about the same exact topic. I mean, seriously, if I have to see a NEW post that sex and masturbation cause acne one more time I think I will scream. What if sex really cures acne for some people? We need to be more open-minded, and just accept the fact that what works for you might not be the "miracle-cure" for everyone else.

I agree, but I don't agree with the solution.

Yes it would be nice if people searched first, read those threads and then responded in those threads. That way other members can see how much history/popularity that thread has and it would save some space (not sure how concerned Dan is about this).

However, whatever natural/holistic method it may be, people SHOULD keep posting about what works for them!

Yes, we are all different....but sometimes we can be very much the same. People posting their experiences, along with their medical background, may help another see that perhaps that their diet out of the 10 or so we have floating around here....may be a good one for them to startwith. This however requires knowledge of a new member regarding their's and their family's medical history....otherwise it may not work as such.

Of course there are no guarantees, but from personal experiences....sometimes you can fail several times on avoiding a specific food or following a specific diet, before you hit the jackpot. My guess is once again it's due to a lack of knowledge about one's own health/hormonal situation.Thus, why I encourage everyone, especially long term sufferers or those that I know have a family history of preventable diseases or hormonal disorders to see an Endocrinologist in order to get proper testing and the right diagnosis. Once diagnosed, a person can decide how best they would like to treat their problem and whatever treatments (diet, supplements, prescriptions, etc) they use will produce better results than simply folllowing what some randommember did in their "success" story.

In the end...while their are generalized diets that one can start with, an individual may still vary in sensitivity to other foods. Thus, why more of us are taking the approach that it varies for everyone. Unfortunately, this just doesn't help anyone it appears. You would think that this would relieve some confusion and stress because now newbies don't have to think they must avoid ALL foods groups....but it still leaves them in the dark as to where to begin. Hence, a general "anti-acne" diet followed perfectly(there IS a reason) may be a good starting pointfor some members....especially if they already know their hormonal situation and KNOW that medications and supplements have not worked (enough) for them so far....

For those of you that have not found a diet correlation, I do hope you find a way to control or cure your acne one day. ;)

I know what you mean. My friends eat all the junk food they want and they are fine. If I eat it I would be f***ed..lol.

Some foods do different things to different people.

Just like people can die from one penut.

I have found out most of the foods that are bad fore me. It took a long time to know but now I know.;