Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unhappy334

Whats next after doxycycline??

Hello everyone my name is Katie and i am desperatley seeking some advice and opinions on acne treatment. I am 21 years old and have mild to moderate very PERSISTANT acne. I can't remember a time when my face has been completly clear. Something new everyday! I been using benzaclin and differin for the past three years and i have been taking dorxy 100mg twice a day for three months. I really thought that it would help but didn't. I notice a slight difference but nothing to get to excited about. I dont want to go the accutane route. Any adice on other prescription ance meds???

Did the Differin/benzaclin improve your skin at all? I've seen people on these messageboards who have gotten some results from Differin, but it wasn't quite strong enough to completely clear them. I think some of the other retinoids are a bit stronger (Retin-A micro, Taz). I personally haven't use those (although I am using Differin), but take a look at any threads for these medications - they should give you some good info.