Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rhys

Optimum timespan for BP on skin

What is the optimum length of time to leave BP on the skin?

How long does it remain active in stopping bacteria forming?

Has there been any research into the best timing for applying BP on the regimen?

Many thanks

the regimen is best 12hours apart

so if you do it at 8am

then 12hours later would obviously be 8pm

however that is getting way too picky in my opinion

do the regimen morning and night an there wont be a problem

i do my morning application at 6am

but the evening one doesnt get done til 10pm most nights an my skin is fine

Yep what Dami said. I do it at night only anyway but I get a wash 12 hours apart in the morning, just without BP.

the main point is to give your skin round-the-clock acne fighting power by having bp on all the time. Ideally 12 hours would be perfect, but not realistic for most people. As long as you do it twice a day, you have the best chance of clearing up and remaining clear.

I agree with the 12 hours, before i use to apply once in the morning at 8am and once again at 6pm and my ance flarred up, but since with the half a day separation my ance breakouts dont appear that much. But my friend he applys his on at 7am and once agian at 11pm, but its different for everybody elses skin type.

i was doing 12 hours apart every day for months and was clear, now im 5 months in and breaking out and i think its cause sometimes now that im busier my applications are only 7-8 hours apart and then 16 hours till the next one. it sucks that i was clear for months and now this is happening. makes it that much worse

What is the minimum timeframe that will allow BP to reach its optimum efficacy?

Would it be detrimental to its potency to wash it all off, say, only an hour after applying it? Has there been any research into this subject?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

just leave it on. and washing it off an hr afterwards will just cause unnecessary irritation.

I have not experienced any irritation. But my question wasn't about irritation - it was about efficacy of BP.

Allow me to present it another way:

What is the timeframe after which BP stops actively working within the skin?

i personally feel that BP left on your skin will be like an active ingredient to prevent pimples. so just leave it on. for me i only do BP at night. in the mornings i dont like to have anything on my face. as i like the kind of natural feeling of my face. so i only put BP and moisturise at night. but it has been working great for me. i'm almost one month on the regimen. i just finished my breakouts. clearing definitely.

Yes, that is a great point. BP does create a totally anaerobic environment on the skin, preventing all bacteria growth.

Perhaps the point of all this is, as long as the BP is on the skin, then bacteria won't be growing.

Though I do agree with you entirely about the 'clean' feeling of not wearing any. Nothing beats it!

More importantly, nothing beats being able to wear clothes during the day without bleaching them! :)

BP gradually decreases in effectiveness, but not so fast that it stops working after only a few hours.

By doing The Regimen every twelve hours or so, you're constantly keeping effective BP on your skin (albeit the BP is slightly less effective at the end of those twelve hours than it was when you first applied it).