Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kj1982

facial hair after taking accutane

after taking accutane i am now a hairy monster, which is not nice for a female. my jawline/upperlip/chin is all covered in a fine hair, but very noticable if you catch it in the right light. i have to do something to get rid of it and i dont want to start plucking or waxing because i will be doing it for the rest of my life.

has anyone has laser hair removal done. i have found a place that offers 6 sessions for £450 which should be all i need and then maybe 2 treatments a year as a follow up. does this sound good?

before starting accutane i had IPL on my bikini line, and it worked really well. it's quicker than lasers, apparently less painful and i think more effective too. but how long since you stopped the accutane? because you have to wait a few months before getting any kind of laser treatment done, don't you? i'd check with your dermatologist. but yeah, IPL is definitely worth looking into.

i would strongly recommend going for laser hair removal. let's hope one course of treatment is enough to banish your hair forever! :)

When did you finish taking accutane? You should wait a year before having a ny laser work.

Yeah I wonder why accutane causes more facial hair? :think:

I think it's because the pores are finally becoming unpluged and the hairs can finally penetrate through the skin.

BE CAREFUL if you're thinking about getting laser hair removal done! I know so many people whose hair has gotten worse as a result of it. It became darker and coarser.

If I were you, I'd get electrolysis done instead. It'll take longer, but it's an older technique, it hurts much less, and it works for everyone. Plus, it's permanent. Lasers are SOMEtimes permanent (IF they work) when it comes to removing hair.

Do your research on where to go, too. Too many people who are unqualified can perform laser hair removal, so don't trust just anyone!

Plus...wait a while if you just got off accutane. Your skin takes longer to heal if you've been on accutane.

what's IPL?

http://www.danistroom.com/inspirations/bea...air-removal.htm

i know that's from a transvestite website, but it explains it really well.

that sounds better than the laser hair removal. i obviously cant do it for a while cos i only been off tane for 5 weeks. maybe the hair will die down a little because i was not this hairy before, it all came from tane.

any experts know if it will go?

Laser and IPL only work on hairs that are dark course (terminal) hairs. They will not work on fine (vellus) hairs. If it does cause shedding you will also experience patchy results and find it impossible to get uniform removal. The irritation and pain of having it done one your face is not worth it. There are real risks of scarring and pigmentation change.