Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soulstar

Leaving a blob of BP on a few zits overnight..

some people find it helps lots to sort out an up and coming pimple

others however (myself as an example) find that it brings them 2 a head which is pretty pointless as it means u gotta either pop it, prolonging a redmark, or leave it so u got a nice yellow head on ur face.

but id give it a try

ur skin wil do 1of them 2things hehe

i find if you put a blob on one of them, and leave it overnight, youll usually have a head in the morning

i gues its a good thing

id prefere it to simply die down

as if it comes 2 a head ur basically gonnna pop it arnt ya

an that usually leads to a redmark that lasts a few weeks

its up2u how you think

id personally prefere it to die down and be less red by the morning as an ideal solution.

do you use dan's csr gel on this? or another type of bp specifically made for inflamed ones?

dans

however me personally

if i get a pimple come up i dont apply bp on it for a while

i skim around it with bp and even now its a redmark i stil try an keep bp away from it

this way it wil fade faster

I find the opposite. I prefer it to come to a head...cuz even though the mark will take longer to fade if you pop it, you won't have that uncomfortable feeling of having an active/painful zit on your face. It may still be red, but at least it's dead.

What I do, is I make sure it's 100% to a head, pop it with a disinfected needle (put in boiling water), put hydrogen peroxide on it for about 2 mins. Then, apply glycolic acid or another strong AHA to it, and let sit for 5 mins. I then put on a dab of the ProActiv Refining Mask on it for about 1 hour, wash it off...and put a moisturizer with AHA in it.....works wonders.

What I do if I notice a pimple trying to form, I will do the Regimen as usual and apply bp all over as usual, then at night I put an extra bit on the forming pimple. Usually it kills them dead in their tracks.

I dont' do this during the day for obvious reasons, lol. Just at night.

some people find it helps lots to sort out an up and coming pimple

others however (myself as an example) find that it brings them 2 a head which is pretty pointless as it means u gotta either pop it, prolonging a redmark, or leave it so u got a nice yellow head on ur face.

but id give it a try

ur skin wil do 1of them 2things hehe

Actually, there is a way to pop the whitehead without leaving much notice of inflammation. To do this, take a thin needle and use a lighter or a lit match to burn the end for a few seconds to kill any bacteria that might be on the needle, thus sterilizing it. Now take this needle and puncture the whitehead. Then, wash your hands with antibacterial soap and place the tips of your fingers (with fingernails virtually parallel to the skin, not perpendicular) on the edges of the whitehead. Then there are two ways you can get the sebum out. You can either pushing inward or shearing outward. I personally prefer to shear the whiteheads because pushing the whitehead will push the sebum both out and deeper inward. If you shear the skin outwards, everything is pushed up and out. Do not shear/push too much because it will start to bleed. At the first hint of bleeding (even if there is sebum still there), stop further action. This is because you will have allowed acne to access the blood stream and we certainly do not want that! The blood stream travels throughout your body obviously, so you might be able to get acne transfer that way. When blood does arise, get a cotton pad or tissue paper and apply it. It may not hurt to apply a little hydrogen peroxide the help clean the wound of any bacteria.

, John

I do a lot of spot treatments with the bp. For the zits that i can feel but not see yet, the bp helps. I will spot treat these a few times a day for a few days, and the pimple will go away. For zits I can already see forming a head, the bp helps somewhat.

To be honest, I haven't had anything to spot treat in the past month or two. I've been using a lot of BP, though, and I think that does the trick. I squeeze a thick line on my index finger and apply that all over my face twice a day. After I had become clear, I was still getting a random pimple every week or two, mostly small, though a couple larger ones. For reasons I'm not sure, I started using more BP and kept it up, and now I have nothing to spot treat even if I wanted to. It's very nice that not only do I not worry about having acne all over my face, but now I don't even have random pimples to fixate on. The downside is that I'm going through a tube of Dan's gel every two weeks. I'm going to try to cut back to a more normal usage soon (a thinner finger-length of gel, maybe I'll use my ring finger instead LOL) and see if I still get the random small pimples every couple of weeks.

It may not hurt to apply a little hydrogen peroxide the help clean the wound of any bacteria.

Hydrogen peroxide actually kills healthy cells as well as bacteria. Your best bet for a cut or open wound is simply fragrance-free soap and water (ex. Provon -- a medical soap, used a lot for piercing aftercare).

I also use another product other than dan's csr gel. mine is called "acne plus" it still has bp in it but mixed with another ingredient. once i apply it to soon-to-form acne, it stops the growth so quickly and kills it.

i found dan's csr gel no use against inflamed ones.

when i use bp as a spot treat, the pimples come to a head. however, i sort of prefer this. it gets it over with and if i can pop it in a way that leaves no scarring, nobody can tell.