Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to use two fingers of Neutrogena on the spot treatment, my acne worsen a little and my pimpples took more time to dissapear, After I experimented with only one finger of BP, my acne seems to be clearing up faster.

Well, in theory, anything that irritates your skin can cause more acne. In the CSR videos, being gentle is stressed over and over again. My guess is the extra BP has irritated your face, causing the additional breakouts. Also, the 10% is known for being too harsh and causing breakouts, i can see two fingers causing a breakout too.

Sorry, its getting late here. I meant the extra BP was probably the irritating factor, not that you weren't gentle. Using double the BP is the same as using 5% BP, which can be chemically irritating, even if you don't have the redness or drying. I hope that clarifies what i meant a little more.

too much bp wil irritate your skin no end.

this in turn wil create more chance of acne as your sebum glands wil produce the extra sebum to "combat" this irritation.

you need to find something that works for you personally.

it takes time to find the correct quantity so your skin calms down but at the same time, it also fights the acne bacteria

use the stated ammount until you find what works for your skin best is basically what i meant.

if you overdo it ul regret it as ur skin wil dry up and more acne wil be the product of that

In my experience, too much BP can be overdrying and damaging in the long run. I used to apply 2 fingers of BP twice a day and my skin was always dry and wrinkled. Even tough it wasn't flaky, it felt rough. Not even a lot of moisturizer made it feel better.

I cut it to one finger recently and it's much better now. So yes, BP should be handled with care. Exceeding the recommended dosage would probably overdry most skins, I think.