Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digestives

dilemma with taking supplements + drinking water

ok i know how everyone says you drink 8 glasses of water each day but when you take supplements (for me i take quite a few, vit A, C, E + zinc ) i cant help but think that if i drink that amount of water it will somehow just dilute the minerals and pass out my body quickly. i've asked my doctor and he too agrees that if you are taking supplements i shouldnt keep drinking water throughout the day.

what are your thoughts about this?

eat more fruits and vegetables which have a good water content.

better yet, get a juicer / blender and make fresh fruits and vegetable juuices which are LOADED with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that your body absorbs better then any pill, and make every glass of liquid you drink one of fresh fruit / veggie juice.

ok i know how everyone says you drink 8 glasses of water each day but when you take supplements (for me i take quite a few, vit A, C, E + zinc ) i cant help but think that if i drink that amount of water it will somehow just dilute the minerals and pass out my body quickly. i've asked my doctor and he too agrees that if you are taking supplements i shouldnt keep drinking water throughout the day.

what are your thoughts about this?

I agree with you. Which is why it's important to evenly spread out your doses of vitamins throughout the day instead of taking them in one shot since they last for only a short time in the body, at least the water soluble ones.