Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rich1234

whats difference between subcision and needling?

Whats the difference between the two, and in peoples experience what is more effective? for rolling scars and all scars in general....

thanks

-Rich

Guest Soulcailburx

Well subcision is only used on certain scar types. --Subcision involves separating the skin tissue in the area it's affected from the deeper scar tissue. This allows the blood to pool under the affected area and eventually allowing the deep rolling scar to level off with the rest of the skin area.--Usually after the surgery your face might be a little bruised which depends if your skin bruise easily.

I would say that needling is preferred because it's for all scar types. Needling is a process is where a tattoo machine is used to break up scar tissue. Usually after the surgery your face or affected area is red and slightly swollen.

Overall, I think the needling is a better choice. The reason why is because it's used on any scar type, and it seems as it gives better results by people. I hope that answers your question. : - )